Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 03:13   #3282

fenerfan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2007
fenerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaysanli
if you didn´t see that star you should control your eyes
I assume that yr post was in respond to a previous answer of mine and judging frm yr nick, u r a fellow citizen. Well, I just did break 2 of my general rules. 1)Never assume 2)Do not go into any debates over names pro bono. While I can understand yr affection towards Tuncay, I'm surprised at some of the fellow posters who decide to follow the same path.

Come on guys! Milan is and always will be one of the 6 internationally established teams in the footballing world. A worldclass team, needs every player to be of a basic talent level. Only if they have that basic level of technique and quality, can they use their other skills like determination or leadership skills to play at the very top. It should take more than a handfull
televised games or eurosport highlights frm his brightest moments to recommend him as a part of Milan's squad.

I've been in the soccer business professionally too long to know that I do not have the luxury of holding a grudge or involving any emotional factors in my judgements. Equally I have nothing against Tuncay personally. The reason that I'm against Tuncay's "possible" transfer to Milan is that I'm sure he will fail and I'd hate to see another example of Turkish player failure in the int'l arena.

There so many players who reach a certain level of technique and quality at a young age and never go to the second gear due to quite a many reasons. IMHO, Tuncay is one of them. He was already a 10-12 carrats gold when he came to Fenerbahce. How many more carrats has he put on since? Zilch.

Instead of covering up for his lack of fundamental build-up or further shining his strong sides with extra work, he preferred to be fan-phenomenal rather than decisive. Works back at home, but he and his agent should know better that it takes A LOT MORE to survive in the league of big boys.

Tuncay is a very much over rated one trick pony who believes his own hype! He is an energetic and athletic driving midfielder, but he lacks the vision, technique, intelligence and patience to become a truly great player. Quicker, stronger, younger doesn't make you better, performances on the pitch do.
He only shows flashes of brilliance but only just enough to tease people into increased expectations, not enough to fulfill them. He still can't cross a dangerous ball into the box regularly enough, no good percentage of accurate shots on the goal or, lacks decent ball control which is one of the central tenets of football, gets dispossessed on the ball on many occasions when he should play a simple pass. With all those missing he is certainly too many tricks and not enough penetration. This is his solo capacity evaluation.

Team evaluation just frustrates me even more. He runs up blind alleys w/ no end product, gets too excited thinking he has to do it all on his own, forges no understanding of playing one-twos, lacks discipline, no positional awareness, does not link up play or bring in his teammates into areas of action or stretch the game for others.

It must be tricky having him running at you. Drawing defenders to you and creating space inside is only good if you give it to someone those defenders aren't marking, but too often the head goes down, he indulges in some hip wiggling and misses the chance to play the killer pass to take advantage of the marking. He is far too selfish just because he is constantly putting his own image above the need to win the game.

Often, he only seems to play well in games when they receive absolutely no pressure whatsoever and everything is great, but when everything is going bad he disappears from the game and I'm afraid that too many times he just looks ordinary. With space he is sometimes effective, but against combative and skillful players he is simply not good enough and does not actually show up on the radar at all. He apparently can’t perform on the big stage and only ever really prospers against teams that believe his hype and give him the room start.

But NOT holding the ball up well and losing possession 90% of the time he gets it is quite a unbearable liability, particularly if everybody wants to eulogize about how great he is all the time.

I could have gone for pages of negatives accompanied w/ examples of his foul-ups frm specific games, but nuff said. All of the above have been based on me watching him live in +100 games frm a professional's POW. So, if anybody wants to discuss Tuncay w/ me, please feel free to do so on a rational basis. But don't give me all these mere postings of Tuncay's stardom or being great in this game or best player on that game BS. I think this forum deserves more than that.

Also, some of you might think "If he is such a bad player then why is he still on Fenerbahce's roster?" Well, simply he is one of the so-called untouchables. Why do I want him off the team? Cause we need fighters for the team, not fighters for themselves and I love my team above any name. The nick says so.
(Right tuncaysanli nicked friend?)

Last edited by fenerfan; 03-06-2007 at 03:19.
fenerfan is offline