Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2007, 07:49   #4147

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
it's called account management and finacial awareness so that we don't end up like Parma, Lazio, Roma, you name it.

Also, Silvio is no longer playing the role of a blank cheque Galliani can write on whenever he feels like it ... bar from super stransfers like Etoo, Dinho, etc, the club has to take care of that themselves.
I guess it's namely because of those "we just paid for who we wanted years" that Milan has to take good care of it's oun finances as a club and not fully depend on Berlusconi.

And last but not least, isn't quite curious that our successful period started at basically the same time the free-spending and overpaying one ended? I guess there is more to successfully running a club than just throwing bundles of cash at players and agents and securing the financial future of other clubs.

relax guys, Milan is strong and will be even stronger ... the summer has just started.
"Losing" Suazo isn't really a loss as he was never an intended target to begin with and getting him would have been more like an added bonus than anything else given that he was destined to go to Inter for months before Cagliari offered him to us.
Fair points as always.

Also I don't think the salary cap is hard and fast, just that we never really had a need to break it. However, if we're really going for Dinho, then I suspect the club will break and probably set it higher.

Finally these are player salaries:
il più ricco è Ronaldinho (8 milioni) seguito da Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko e Ballack, tutti a 6,5. Kakà è quinto, appena davanti a Vieira (5,6) e Cristiano Ronaldo (5,6). (source: www.gazzetta.it)

I don't think anyone earns what Real are RUMOURED to be offering. So our salary cap of 6.5 (spread out over 5-6 players) is at best lucrative and at worst competitive.

I am a little dispirited by our lack of urgency, but I still trust our management. Forza Milan!
Hasan Rossonero is offline