Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2007, 21:53   #4252

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I posted this on another forum (my view on TV revenue sharing):



Let's not forget that Galliani made tons of noise about the financial woes of Serie A in 2002, and Milan bought Nesta, Rivaldo etc.

This is political posturing. Who owns a big chunk of the TV market in Italy? Well, don't you think his right hand man will make the right noises.

The reason why we haven't made a big signing is because, well, we haven't had the need to. Since 2002, Milan has won ALOT or done really well. I mean probably more than any other team in Europe:

2003- CL, Coppa Italia, Super Cup
2004- Scudetto
2005- CL Final, Runners-up Serie A
2006- Semi-final CL
2007- CL, ??

Really, Berlu spent when he thought we needed it. Theoretically we could go foward with this squad and do well.

Another point will illustrate what the poster above is saying. Inter recently had a 70 million Euro boost (!!!!) of capital as did Juventus (I think Juve even more). He is right about the sugar daddy thing. I mean can you imagine any other club coming back from Serie B into Serie A and buying players and rolling in the cash?

Collective TV rights can only be a good thing. I like Milan, and I would love for them to strengthen, but not at the expense of little clubs. I like Italian football more.

Finally, I think if Berlu really wants a player, he will open up his wallet. He has already said Ronaldinho is "worth the economic sacrifice" (I'm not saying that means he will come).

The figures quoted are not close to the real thing. The players in Spain may pocket more, but NOT THAT MUCH more. Galliani loves playing the card of a hopeless pessimist. It's the perfect card to play really: when things turn out well, you look good.
Hasan Rossonero is offline