Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2007, 15:27   #6046

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
dru, et al....I see here a tendancy to treat these players like pieces on a chess-board...yeah, lets buy them, but send them on loan to Perugia or Livorno....does it ever cross your mind that these "pawns" might not want that?

How do u tell Pato, who starts for his club team in Brazil, or Sergio Aguero, who should feature more for Atletico now that Torres is gone, that:

Milan wants to sign you, but we will loan you to Siena for a year to see how u adapt to the Serie A...when their agent is telling them that: Chelsea will include you in the 25 man squad right away, or Werder Bremen will make you a starter.

I mean, the oversimplification of some of the thought processes makes me think that some of us have played waaaay too much Fifa 2006, or FM.

So there is no "easily loan them both and monitor their progress"....players of this quality wont take kindly to the bench, or being loaned out, and over whom would they start at Milan for example?

Ok, the retort could be: Well, they should be ambitious enough to sacrifice a year to prove to Milan that they are Milan quality...crap...very very few players would be willing to come to a club, only to be benched, or loaned out, when they are unquestionably talented, and in demand as starters.

Pato, though may put up with a "loan" arrangement, I dont see Kun Aguero doing that however...and neither dos Santos IMO.
The thing is Warro ....if I was a great promising player and a massive club like Milan wanted to buy me and loan me out for the first year I think I'd jump at the offer.......there are many reasons why:
>I'd be able to showcase ALL of my talents at my "small club"
>Milan's best strikers are Ronaldo and Pippo...both made out of paper so my chances of being re-called are quite high
>The fact that I have already been bought by milan maens that I'm already a step closer to playing for my dream club...it's certainly a long term "investment" if you will. It's just like arriving at club where you know that you aren't guaranteed first team place. The examples you used are quite poor because the vast majority of big clubs already have good to great strikers and a 17' year old is going to have to spend a lot of time to prove that he is worthy of a first team place anyway. (wayne Rooney is a notable exception but even he had to prove himself before getting the first team spot)

the naked truth is that we can sugarcoat it any way we want but players ARE pawns of the club and the more effectively we use them (as long it's not in keeping with Juve's insensitive approach) the better for the club
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline