Quote:
|
Originally Posted by goose
I'm holding out hope something, anything will go down soon. Silvio and Co. still have over a month to work something, anything out. I hope it doesn't end like the Oliveira debacle (God bless him, he had a 300 lb. gorilla on his back when he came in, then he had to cope with his sister's kidnapping).
I'm trying to be patient.
But my question is what does our youth system look like? If Milan is gonna drive me insane in the transfer market, and I shouldn't be going insane, they've got to be super confident in how the young ones are progressing. I understand Baresi has a part in the coaching staff, but what are the prospects like?
To be honest, a quality youth and scouting system will be the key for the future of club teams. Especially in Italy where the economic disadvantages are starting the bubble to the surface in comparison to England and Spain. The money being thrown around by these countries is getting really ridiculous.
|
There's a lot of potential there, and a lot to be positive about. The Primavera has a lot of upcoming players some of who are already in the senior squad (Darmian and Aubameyang) and then there are those loaned (Di Gennaro).
Also, the Allievi Nazionali (coached by Alberigo Evani, an ex player) won their equivalent of the European cup (I think, or something like that), so a lot to be hopeful about there too.
The youth setup hasn't always been the best in Berlu's reign, but a lot has been invessed in the past years and the results are starting to show.