View Single Post
Old 16-09-2007, 21:37   #245

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
Don't be too sure. Milan handily defeated Sevilla 3-1 and yet there was the usual mass hysteria over a goal that wasn't solely his fault.

Even if we'd won 10-1 yesterday, someone'll find something to raise objection about. We are a hard crowd to please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Certainly, certainly, but the reaction will at least be less negative. The fact that we are making a big fuss about Gilardino or Dida is NOT gonna help them, at all. While it's easy to bash them and say, 'ya you just suck', it's so much harder to say, "ya it's fine. Just don't make the same mistake next time"
This piety is tiresome...

Dida has been making mistakes for a long time now, and I am talking about howlers. I don't ask for much. I just ask for a modicum of consistency.

We can always put a positive spin on something, and I did with Gourcuff, Emerson and Gila. But Dida's error cost us the game, a game, btw, I am fully aware that we did not deserve to win.

Should a goalkeeper fill us with dread every time he dons the gloves? If he performed well in Athens, I am supposed to look the other way the whole season?

In all of this I feel the most sorry for our defence. They must know that in effect they are the last line of defence. That feeling must be very stressful.

I am making a big fuss about Dida because he still plays for us. Quite why is beyond me.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 16-09-2007 at 21:41.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote