View Single Post
Old 25-08-2008, 20:27   #22

Arjun

Registered User
 
Arjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini...the last of the "Bandieri"
Arjun is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Are we writing this guy off already without even have the opporutnity to seeing him play once? I'm not ready to do it yet, but he is probably not the first rate defender we are looking for. That, we may have to wait until next season (when we are back into the CL).
Well actually I'm sure a lot of us HAVE seen him play quite often. I watch the EPL and have seen Senderos play for both Arsenal and Switzerland for at least 2-3 years and let's be honest he hasn't been a star CB.

But I'll agree with you that we should not be writing him off without seeing him perform in a Milan shirt. I made the same argument for our dear friend Andriy yesterday, so I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise.

Based on what I've seen of Sanderos...he is comparable to Kaladze which honestly should be a good addition to the squad. Plus he's younger so you never know he may surprise ppl with a run of consistent performances. The biggest thing he has going for him is nothing technical though....it's that Wenger hand-picked him several years ago and that usually is a good sign.

Anyway....welcome Philippe....wish you do well in a Milan shirt....hopefully it's another Philippe (Mexes) this time next year
Arjun is offline   Reply With Quote