View Single Post
Old 22-11-2008, 10:50   #355

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
LOL I started a world war here just by suggesting that there were people on Pirlo's level...oh my. Ace, Fabregas' stats over the last two seasons were actually better than Xavi's but that's where I'll leave this topic.

Back to Gourcuff there's simply no space for him here. When our "world class midfield" is playing well there's obviously no space. When they're playing badly...we'll wait 1 or 2 or plenty more games, like last season, until they start clicking (remember that Pirlo/Gattuso/Ambro loss of form..?) So when they're doing well he won't play...when they're doing badly he won't play. If Arsenal loses Fabregas I wouldn't mind seeing him go there or maybe a team like Roma (don't think Roma has any real playmaker ATM). I also heard Bayern showed some interest in him but I don't know Bayern's situation too well so I can't say whether that would be a good move or not.

I'd also think it'd be good for his future if he spent at least 1 more year in Ligue 1 with Bordeaux before making that jump to a bigger team. Although he's playing well, he could do well to learn to take a little more of the playmaking responsibility. He drops the ball a little too quickly sometimes...when he's supposed to be the main playmaker.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote