Quote:
Originally Posted by edysupriadi
we were linked with j.moatinho before, he did score a wonderful goal vs bayern, is he DM or AM? the way he scored just like what AM does
he surely can replace ambro, cant he? 
|
He is nor a DM, nor an AM, he is actually a CM ...

The same kind of CM than Montolivo for example: can defend sometimes but likes to go forward with the ball.
We clearly don't need him except if we want to change ou kind of formation ...
If we only keep Flamini and Gattuso as DMs, it is enough I think, the others (Emerson, Ambrosini, who else ?) can go. We could in this way play with only one DM and make a rotation between Gattuso and Flamini.
This kind of formation:
------------ GK -------------
---------- Defence ----------
------------ DM -------------
------ CM --------- CM ------
And then, with that, we could do two formations, if we call back Abate especially:
Abate ------------------- R80
----------- Striker -----------
Or
------------ Kaka' -------------
------- ST --------- ST -------
Two ways to play ... and you can even play more offensively because real CMs can generally defend, and Gattuso/Flamini can play this role too, so we can sometimes when it is needed replace the DM position (not the player, I mean, the guy in DM can play CM and one of our CM can be replaced) by an AM or a ST ...
We have also R80 and Kaka' used in their proper roles all the time and not always together (one cancel the abilities of the other when they play together). So we always have on the pitch a Brazilian genius (and I don't count Pato who will again be our first striker). Add Gourcuff to that, playing in this CM position, and I think that could sound great.
But I doubt this kind of gameplan could be chosen.
PS: Of course, that means we have a gameplan there ... like mrki said. It is one possible. Maybe not the best, but I think that with this kind of formationS used depending on our opponent and the situation in-game, we could easily win some games we aren't able to win anymore nowadays.