View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 21:18   #1190

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Hey, we've been needing a physical forward like Adebayor ever since Gilardino proved to be a flop. I would have been ecstatic with Amauri, but all I am saying is if we were planning on buying Adebayor, last summer may have been the best time as he was yet to sign a new contract. He may have been overpriced, but for someone that young and with that much potential, it may have been money well spent.

As for now, if he keeps putting in top drawer performances, his price will only go up as he is now tied down to a longer term contract. All I'm saying is that if this is the player that management really wanted, we made a mistake to wait.
rt9 is offline