View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:12   #2012

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
None taken. I do, however, have a question of my own. I must have misread the article, but which part did he actually say that is the reason we keep the retirement folks here? What I took out of the article is that the same crappy transfer policy is going to continue for the foreseeable future and that is what makes me think Galliani has lost his mind. I guess we interpreted this article differently.
I'm guessing Geotav is referring to trying to keep Maldini as that reason for keeping the older players.

Anyway, there's no point in taking anything from this article, because what Galliani says is quite clear. He wants quality, regardless of age to come into Milan. A side that is too young can't win a competition like CL, which is a fair point, but that doesn't rule out us getting young players altogether, as we have plenty of experience in our squad.

Also, let's not forget that just a few weeks ago the clubs line of communication was to get younger talents ready to make the jump into a big team.

Essentially, the club, and Galliani in particular never are honest or straight with the media, so really there's no point in splitting hairs over it.
ACMILAN1983 is offline