View Single Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:34   #7

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Welcome Calvary. Whilst I do want Carlo out of Milan, it's not because I consider him a poor coach by any means. I think he could do well at Chelsea, as he would in pretty much any place.

I don't know if he's the best man to take over from Guus (who in all honesty is better imo). He has very little experience of England (maybe not a big problem) and he's still learning English, which could hamper him getting his points across. His strengths imo are based on his tactical knowledge, as he's capable of adapting systems to teams and utilising players in various ways.

He doesn't tinker or rotate a great deal, when he finds a winning formula then he'll generally stick to it, I'd argue sometimes he waits too long before changing.

He's very good at developing relationships with players by the looks of it, and more importantly very good at keeping harmony in the dressing room.

Carlo also isn't the type to create problems with other coaches. His comments about Mourinho are more to do with Mourinho being an idiot than Carlo being a problem. Personally, I hold Carlo in higher esteem (both as a coach and a person) than Mourinho.

Honestly, if I was in your shoes, then I'd be pretty happy were Carlo to join Chelsea.
This pretty much sums it up, but I would like to add he doesn't give confidence to young players and therefore he lacks a long run vision. I think he could give chelsea their first CL cup.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline   Reply With Quote