Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
Don't think it's true. Carlo's problem is that he gets to attached to certain players once he's figured out that they work. Back in the day Carlo didn't have a problem giving young players a chance, Pirlo, Gattuso were relativly young, and most of all Kaka who was played ahead of Rui Costa, a big star.
Perhaps his good relationship with the players that has been here for a long time is his undoing, cause he gives them all, much more room for error than the new ones.
|
I'm looking at our squad today, are we ready for the future?
No
Do we have exciting young players that can take over from our older players?
No, just Pato while we have so much old players.
Replacement for Billy?
Replacement for Maldini? Silva? perhaps haven't seen enough of him but will he be ready? He didn't play for a year and hasn't played a single European game. Can he lead us like Maldini from next year onwards? I think I wouldn't be honest to expect that
back up for injury prone Nesta?
Replacement for Sheva? Oliveira/Sheva/?
Track our transferlist over the years half of our bought players were over 32 or were players that weren't used in our squad, Esajas, Grimi, Collocini.
I think in the last 4 years we brought in about 6 goalies Stoari, Kalac, Abbiati (considering his several loanspells) that Greek goalie, etc
Young pirlo/Gatusso etc were not bought by Carlo they were allready here. gatusso allready played 46 official games. I think Pirlo was bought by Terim allthough I'm not sure.
You are right about Kaka but let's be honest about it there isn't a coach in the world that wouldn't give that young player a chance...
I don't mean Carlo is a bad coach and I want to thank him for what he has done.
Getting attached to players is good but that doesn't explain his adoration for old players Emerson, Favali,...
He might aswel get attached to young players imho