Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
You are absolutely right Jeff. And I think we are talking about the same thing. That's the reason why in the previous paragraph (before the quoted part) I said that the team is definitely bringing Pato's performance down.
But the reason of why I went on to talk about Pato is because I don't buy into this "Pato is looking ordinary because the team sucks" stuff. Yes, there are many times where the static play around him drags him down. That's obvious. But there are many other times when the option is right there but he chooses to do it all himself....and only decides to take that option when he really has nowhere else to go.....which at that point it's already too late.
Like I said...I think we are talking about the same thing. And it's not all (or maybe even not even half) Pato's fault. But lets not kid ourselves..........his individual performances have been terrible for the past few weeks. And I don't think it's right to be blaming everyone else. Because if that's the case then everyone is going to blame everyone and NOONE will step up and play the way they should. The fact is that everyone has their fair share of criticism to swallow.
|
I said that awhile ago, when a team plays bad, all the players will start underperforming. Now I am not saying Pato is not a fault here but I think a lot had happened to cause Pato to underperform.
1. Pato is playing out of position. He lacks the creativity to play second striker and if this continue, he might be another Gila. And the only reason why he is there is simply b/c he is the only one on the team that can dribble with speed.
2. The lost of Kaka. With Kaka, opposing teams will zoom in on defending Kaka instead of Pato. Thus once Kaka is gone, teams just turned their attention to Pato.
3. The movement is too slow.
Ofcourse, Pato is in a bad form too, but I have a feeling that he is trying to do too much at times which led to bad decisions.