Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp
In fairness Atalanta fouled there way through the game anytime Pato got some momentum he was brought down. Atalanta didn't want to play the had defenders on the goaline and midfielders on the penalty spot forwards on the edge of the area. A point isn't really good for them either so why not play. They were not good did not outplay us but they did out frustrate us big time.
All in all another frustrating afternoon following Milan , I hope we bring in a few players in January and good ones at that. Onyewu and Roma are getting paid wages and they never play that is the stupid wasting money we talk about.
Galli sees every game and knows we need reinforcements if only he was the billionaire and Brlu was on a another planet. I know Galli spent badly from 04 - 08 but did he really have that much of a say with the almighty only wanting huge names rather than talented players.
|
In all fairness it doesn't matter. You think when Inter or Juve play teams don't just sit back and foul their way for a draw? We are lucky now in that teams are at least more willing to go forward with men. I realize in that last 5 minutes they were just punting the ball forward and going for a point but that started at the end of hte game. No matter how you package this, they had 10 men for a half and we drew with a relegation fighting club. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just pretty bitter right now so apoligize. I just don't understand why we insist on playing wide the entire match. I realize we need to open them up as they play 8 in the box but cross after misplaced cross. It just gets frustrating. When we played the ball up the middle is when we got our chances. When Nesta wasn't at the byline but instead in the middle of the pitch he found Ronnie. When Clarence had his shots they weren't created through crosses. Maybe I just have selective memory.