View Single Post
Old 25-03-2010, 22:44   #3643

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
The way I see it for our defence it is like this... (I haven't got many thoughts on out offence or midfield)

As much as some of us like him, Dida must go.... Our GK department has not been stable for a long time, and quite frankly there is a strong link between this and Dida. The man will earn his place black with a string of excellent saves in some emergency appearance, but will ultimately drag us drown by letting through the easiest ones... Quite frankly I would much prefer a steadier hand at goal, not quite capable of pulling the miraculous saves of Dida, but with a cool head in such situations.... Who should we buy to macth those charcteristics? We DONT. Storari should be brought back from Samp to compete with Abbiatti, but the only way IMO that he will be willing to return is if our friend Nelson leaves. He may still have suitors in Brazil so we should be able to get something for him.... As for the possibility of a young keeper coming in, I don't think it is so desperate if Storari returns, but if so here a few names ot consider: Diego Alves, Sergio Asenjo and Vito Mannone.

As for our defence, I know this may not make much sense, but little may be needed to be spent. To me Yepes has come relatively cheap, and is a great upgrade from favalli... BUT HE IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Rumours have it that Astori will be expensive to get back. If we can get him back, getting a regular at Serie A level would be fantastic! However if his current club wish to kepe him and play hard ball and buy him for 7 million, let i be! With 7 million and the revenue generated from Kala's sale, we can really get someone good, capable of filling in for Silva/Nesta, and putting competitive pressure on both....
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline