01-04-2010, 21:12
|
#3853
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
You are right, the time that those transfers were made need to be considered.....but quite honestly, only Van Nistelrooy's trasfer was a really long time ago. The others.....yea it's been a while for some.....but not that long that inflation would have taken prices up a whole 15-20 mil.
Also, you mention Berbatov(30mil) and Rooney(26mil). And that's great, I'm glad you mentioned them because they are still a WHOLE 10mil and 14mil under the asking price of Dzeko. That's a BIG difference so I don't know why you mentioned those two. Like I said in my previous post. I think a fair price for Dzeko is around 25mil yet because of the way things are at the moment I would go as high as 30mil, but NOTHING more then that. I don't know how you can say that 40-50mil for someone like Dzeko is reasonable. IMO that's ridiculous when all these guys that I mentioned and you mentioned (Huntelaar,Gilardino, Ibrahimovic, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Torres, Berba etc.) were tranfered out at no more then 30mil. So HOW EXACTLY is Dzeko's 40mil price reasonable I really can't understand.
Also, to respond to the Ibrahimovic-Barcelona point you made. That is totally irrelivant to Dzeko. Simply because at the time Ibra went to Barca he was on top of the world. Like I said.....I only chose players at the points of their career that they hadn't yet become giants of the game. So that's why I mentioned Ibra(Ajax-Juve)....and even later Ibra(Juve-Inter). So comparing Ibra's transfer to Barcelona makes no sense because that came in a different part of his career.
Benzema's transfer was highly overpriced (37mil Euro going up to 41mil in clauses). And let's take a look at who paid that money. Real Madrid. A club that last summer made the Football Manger game look like a joke. So we surely aren't going to base our conclusions on what Madrid does.
Adebayor's transfer is another one like Benzema's. Bought by Man.City , a club that will throw any ridiculous ammount of money just to become competitive over night. And even with all that craziness that transfer is said to have been 30mil euro.....a WHOLE 10 mil under Dzeko's asking (or what you say, reasonable) price.
So don't get me wrong. I would love for us to get Dzeko. But there is NO WAY that 40mil is reasonable at this point of his career. And I am really surprised that you even went up to 40-50mil.
About the potential points that you made. I totally agree. Sometimes you pay for the player's potential. And those things can go both way. If a player dissapoints then yes, you are right, even 5mil will be viewed as wasted and money that could have been much better spent. But that's exactly the point I'm trying to make my friend. If a player has potential (something that's not guaranteed to be accomplished) you can pay a higher sum. That's why I say 25mil is reasonable but we can go up to 30 because of the potential that we all see in Dzeko. But 40mil is way too much to be payed for the unknown.
|
Dude, I said Dzeko for 40-50mil is worth the money if he can truly deliver the goods for Milan. I also stated that I have not watch him enough to judge that. Thats why if he is as good as alot here claims, then paying 10-20mil extra on a sure thing is worth the money.
|
|
|