View Single Post
Old 17-05-2010, 05:07   #34

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Dinho again has created doubt over his future by admitting he has no idea what the club plans. I'd be happy to sell him, but would want a player like Krasic to replace him.

For me, Krasic, Mario Fernandes and Jucilei and some good squad players would be just enough to make us highly competitive next season. I still think we'd need a new striker to replace Borriello, but it's highly optimistic that we'll get anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Dev, I am not saying that Defensive Brazil players just began popping up over the past years. I am saying that when people think of Brazil players, they are no longer thinking about just attackers but their defenders too.
When you think about it, Brazil pretty much produced a top five players in each position over the last ten years, not to mention always having one to two top five players in the world.
GK: Marcos, Dida and Caesar
RB: Cafu, Maicon, D. Alves
CB: Lucio, Alex(be was a beast in PSV), Juan
LB: R. Carlos, Serginho, and thats about it but not like there are any top LB these past 2 years.
DM/CM: Emerson(b4 Milan days), Gilberto Silva(back then), Ze Roberto
ATTK mid: Rivaldo, Kaka, Dinho, Diego,
Stk: Ronaldo, Adraino, Pato, Fabiano, Robino, Denilson.

Only three years from 1999-2009, where there is no Brazilian in the top three of the World Player Award, and Brazilians had won 5 times in that span. Just amazing how Brazil can keep continue to produce great footballers, where every other country works in cycles.
Fair enough. I think it's just the stereotype is less prevalant now.
ACMILAN1983 is offline