Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio
Out of topic: Geo, after watching Pulp Fiction, I really like your avatar, very cool 
|
You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
About Suarez. I live in the Netherlands and everybody except Ajax fans hate-dislike this guy. I mean even girls i meet who know **** about football seem to hate him.
Still i believe he is a good player. And good for Milan.
As for the handball i don't rate him as a cheat. His post match comments were lame but he got punished with a last min penalty. It was more an act of desperation than cheating. I was playing pro football for 3 years and i can assure you 90% of the players would react the same way.
By the way, i think not all handballing are the same.
Henry's vs Ireland was a master cheat. Diego's goal in 86 was a cheat but his other goal in that game was not a cheat at all as 6 or 7 English retired footballers can assure you. Suarez didn't cheat at all.
The other guy lost the freaking penalty. If the ref hadn't seen the incident then, yes, it would have been cheating. He got a red card after all.
Also, i believe that if Suarez had done the same wearing the rossoneri in a CL semi-final vs let's say, Liverpool or Real Madrid i would declare him a hero. I am really all into pride and clean foreheads in football but count me out when it comes to pretentious fair play.
Sorry for being off topic in the Mercato thread, i think it's an interesting discussion but first we have to define what is Fair Play and what should be considered as such. As Jules would put it in Pulp Fiction, "Ethics In Football go a long way, man..."