View Single Post
Old 21-08-2010, 13:13   #3333

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I never understood, I don't understand and will surely never understand why Aquilani is so highly rated by other people ?

I don't know, is it just because he's Italian ? Is it because the guy just signed for one of our rivals (so, some kind of jealousy because they signed someone) ?

He's never been great, at best, he was good, but never exploded, and all these injuries, this guy is no more a football player, he hasn't played for more than 3 months in a row since years !! And he is already 26, the guy's always been labelled like a "future great Italian midfielder", but the fact is that if he had to be this great Italian midfielder, it would be now, not in 3-4 years, just right now, at 26, he should already be great.

IMO, Aquilani can't be a player we should sign for 2 main reasons:
- doesn't have the required level to play in Milan (it's my opinion about him)
- very very very very ... very very very very injury prone

Having Aquilani in the team is like having a ghost in the team.
Aquilani had 2 great seasons with Roma, only injuries stopped him. Going to Liverpool that was falling appart was a horrible choice.

Only thing I agree with you is that he is very, very.... injury prone. Considering quality, right now ts better to have him then Gattuso. Maybe Rino will show Im wrong, I hope so.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline