View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 20:51   #5

#3Forever

Registered User
 
#3Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Baresi,
#3Forever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
If you wanted true balance, then I would suggest we take Pirlo off for Captain Max. Somehow I'm not convinced that Pirlo, based on the recent outings alone, can face up to smaller teams tackles and come away with the ball every time. If we lose the ball in that position, Pirlo can't win the ball back, but we would normally be safe in the knowledge that Sandro and Thiago are there.
This game, however, will be the first game in a long while now that we haven't had half of our defensive gate to play with (and the more active half at that). Whilst Yepes is a decent CentreBack, I can't see him do the spectacular, timed tackles that Thiago makes to clear our lines. Thus, for a better precaution, I would rather we have Ambro, Prince and Rino in the middle to hold the ball, and lose a little quality in our distribution instead.

Perhaps Pirlo in Seedorf's trequartista role for this match might be a bit better to link up play, since I think Binho and Ibra both have enough quality to get past Bologna's defense. That way, if he loses the ball, we still have the entire length of the midfield to win it back.
I agree with you about the worries of putting Pirlo and Seedorf in the same team, but perhaps against a "smaller" team like Bologna we may be able to get away from it. Maybe playing Pirlo behind the two strikers is a good idea, for he does have excellant distribution and can take really good shots. But I think that he won't be as good in that trequartista role as he hasn't played there for quite a few years. I don't think that he would be as good as a connecter between midfield and offense as perhaps Seedorf or Robinho. But I think if we are to try new things out the best team to try it against is probably Bologna
__________________
-Headed away by John Clarke, using his head-
#3Forever is offline   Reply With Quote