View Single Post
Old 14-09-2010, 09:58   #50
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Agree, I'd even add:
- Mexes is a very overrated player ...
- it is reported we would want Palombo to have an alternative to Pirlo, but Palombo, nowadays, would get a starting spot in our team alongside Pirlo and Flamini any day.

(+ he could be used in CL if I'm not wrong, because he only played the preliminary round ... of course, it is available only if the player doesn't play one single game in Europa League, which is unlikely to happen given how important he is for Samp)
Palombo is the same as 2 players we already have, Flamini and Ambrosini, only much more creative, but technically equally bad. With him we could play Pirlo higher up and that's it. Which is not bad, because we're adding on new dimension to our team. But the problem is, Palombo is VERY slow player and we need some speed in midfield.

As CL goes, he's out, he played for Samdoria, preliminaries are counting too.

As for Mexes, I don't think he's overrated. Mexes has a temper and he lacks discipline, but on a good day he's absolutely world-class center back. With guiding of good and authoritative coach, he could be great. If Mourinho disciplined Lucio I don't see why Allegri couldn't do the same with Mexes.

I was hoping Sokaris could be the hair of Nesta, against Juventus he was impressive, but it seems he's like new Bonera, sometimes great, sometimes awful.