View Single Post
Old 14-12-2010, 22:34   #6
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Reza,

Will have to see what it will actually look like to make a decision.

Regarding the transition: It might be better to have a 'beta' so that people can try out, and then announce a day when this forum will no longer become active. In this way, people will have the opportunity to experience the new website and get used to it.

Another way to ensure that we don't lose people is to help THEM set up an account: we can ask people to do it early and I'm happy to take the initiative to go through the pain. Two reasons behind it:

1. Doing so makes it easier for people to switch, obviously.
2. Doing so shows that we APPRECIATE these members, and we know that people tend to reciprocate when they are 'helped'.

Of course, it takes time, and so it makes sense to do it early. Note, however, that this method won't work if it requires email activation.

Let's talk more about strategies to make the transition from MM to bbpress etc. the easiest. I think we still want to make this feel like a 'home'. That's key. Just a blog may not be enough because it sometimes make me feel like I'm not at 'home' anymore (which is my initial objection to the idea - but of course, if money is always a concern, then let's make it happen and make it good).

-j
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote