Thread: Reveal yourself
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2003, 00:07   #13
acmilan89

acmilan89 has disabled reputation
Name Given To Me: Kelvin Egay

Names I've Been Called: Bin (most common for those who can't pronounce the "v"), Kel (for those who are too lazy to call my full name), Egay (for those who likes to pronounce the "gay" part)

I Was Told I Was Born In: Sarawak, land of the hornbills (whose population is declining)

Day I Was Born As Told By Parents: 29 July 1972

Thing I Do To Earn A Living: Being an anthropologist and teaching it.

Height: Few years back it was 178cm. I don't think I've grown taller since then.

Weight: Between 75kg-78kg

Hair: Black, short, straight, uncombed

Eyes: Dark brown

Sports That I Like To Watch and Play: Football (then rugby league, one-day cricket - go Windies!, tennis, the triathlon thingy, mountain biking)

If There Is A Team I Like: Not too sure but I think it's Milan

Current Favorite Player: None although Zinedine Zidane's skills do come close to reflect the term "favourite player"

All-time Favorite Player: Frank Rijkaard for his stable versatility

Whom I Think Is The All-Time Best Player: Diego Maradona

Players Whom I Have Great Respect As A Person: George Weah, Zvonimir Boban

I Like Listening To: Reggae but other music apart from "too much electronic" would be pleasant to my ears

Movies That Has A Strong Impression On Me: Once Were Warriors, Shawshank Redemption

What I Like To Do In My Spare Time Is To: Read, write, jungle trekking, camping, football, mountain biking, drinking at my usual pub

Authors That Capture My Imagination: Herman Hesse for his human profound darkness; Milan Kundera for his tragically amusing love, political descriptions; postcolonial writers such as Hanif Kureishi, Jhumpa Lahiri, Salman Rushdie, Anita Desai, Ngugi Thio'go who provide voices for the subaltern fictional characters; classics like Charles Dickens, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Joseph Conrad, et. al. for reminding me that I started reading because of them; the late Edward Said, Michel Foucault, Jacques Derrida, Gayatari Spivak for giving me the critical lense to look at "knowledge" (something that has always intrigued me)...

Hates: If I do know how to hate then it definitely must be Inter