View Single Post
Old 17-01-2011, 20:09   #3
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codino View Post
We all know this, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you want to give away the best thing thats ever happened to you (playing your favourite sport for an amazing club)?

it must be a hard realisation for many 32+ year olds at the cross roads to say, you know what, im finished.

I hope he stays around the club, first team coach, youth coach... something. Everyone around him has always said he is a fantastic character and a real leader.
Of course, I play sports, a lot of sports, and I can't fathom the thought of losing my athletic ability, slowing down, and playing tennis, soccer, football, basketball bad. It's an awful feeling. Even more when you're a professional athlete, and a great one at that. However, it's just as sad to see players like Ibra and Pato yelling at him because he looks as if he's 90 years old and can't make a simple pass out there in a game against Lecce....and it's not a one time bad game, it's been a slow progression of awful performances over past 2 years..they're getting worse and worse.....he's actually costing us points by being out there in perhaps the most important position ....

Last edited by Elmago99; 17-01-2011 at 20:11.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote