AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Presentations

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2004, 09:46   #1
Kurt Cobain
Guest
 
Hello from Brazil!

Hi everybody!
I'm new here and wish I could share some thoughts with you about Milan, italian & european football etc. I'm a Brazilian journalist and I live in São Paulo, the biggest city in Latin America.
I almost forget to say this: forgive me if I make any grammar mistake. My English is a work in progress.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:54   #2

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
WoooooW....man, at last new member from my dream land....

Welcome to Inferno

It seem to me that you like Nirvana... then you become my mate here right from the start...

btw, yer english is quite nice

enjoy yer stay and I am looking forward to read yer posts...

Cheers.

!Forza Milan per sempre!
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:44   #3

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Welcome Kurt

as Rae said, your English is fine
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 20:41   #4

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Oi! Como vai? welcome to MilanMania!!

Brazil huh? the land of the beautiful garotas

your English is good, as for me, eu so falo um pouco de portugues...but just very little

Saude!
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 03:44   #5

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to MM, nice to have you here
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 04:33   #6
Kurt Cobain
Guest
 
Thank you for your words of welcome!
Goirre, bom saber que alguém fala alguma coisa de português por aqui!
Cool!
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 12:15   #7

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain
Goirre, bom saber que alguém fala alguma coisa de português por aqui!
Cool!
well, my first language is Spanish, so I kind of understand Portuguese and, in a lesser way, Italian.....they are not THAT different after all

btw, I assume you are a Sao Paulo fan?
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 13:38   #8

ilgenio

Registered User
 
ilgenio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: 虎穴龍潭
Fave Players: Zico, Marco van Basten, Dejan Savicevic, Kaka
ilgenio is on a distinguished road
Welcome Kurt!

Well, your English is fine, certainly much much better than my Portuguese.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Goirre
well, my first language is Spanish, so I kind of understand Portuguese and, in a lesser way, Italian.....they are not THAT different after al?
Bingo! I agree that the difference is not that much in most Latin languages, which will explain why most footballers from South America or Latin speaking countries find it easier to settle in Spain, Italy or Portugal as compared to say, England or Germany.

I can understand a fair bit of most Latin languages, though I can't speak them as fluently as a native speaker. But I know enough to tell the difference between muchas gracias, muito obrigado and molto grazie.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Goirre
btw, I assume you are a Sao Paulo fan?
Being a Paulista, I can safely assume Kurt is a fan of one of the following teams:
1) São Paulo
2) Santos
3) Corinthians
4) Palmeiras
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League 2005/ 06 Champion

ALWAYS RED
ALWAYS BLACK
ALWAYS ROSSONERO
~ ~
ilgenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 16:02   #9

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
didn't Kaka' play for Sao Paulo??

anywho...BIG WELCOME! glad to have ya onboard
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 04:30   #10

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Welcome onboard Kurt! Enjoy the forum!
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 04:55   #11

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome, hope you enjoy your stay

how popular are milan in brazil by the way?
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 05:39   #12

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain
Thank you for your words of welcome!
Goirre, bom saber que alguém fala alguma coisa de português por aqui!
Cool!
hey, I do almost understood everything you said even I know only a bit spanish.... it loox that if I know well espanol I could comrehend portugues too
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 13:37   #13
Kurt Cobain
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goirre
well, my first language is Spanish, so I kind of understand Portuguese and, in a lesser way, Italian.....they are not THAT different after all
Yeah, all languages have the same root: latim. It helps a lot!
Quote:
btw, I assume you are a Sao Paulo fan?
Yes, I am. We're really bad over the last decade but we'll overcome this situation. Hope so!
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 13:49   #14
Kurt Cobain
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio
Bingo! I agree that the difference is not that much in most Latin languages, which will explain why most footballers from South America or Latin speaking countries find it easier to settle in Spain, Italy or Portugal as compared to say, England or Germany.
It's really easier to go to Spain, Italy and, of course, Portugal. But there are some other explanations. Until three seasons ago, Premiership wasn't showed in out television and it complicate the things to the players. It was like living in oblivion.
We watched the 90/91 season, then a long break and a start over in 97/98 season. Another break until 2001/2002 when a local sports channel, SporTV, started to show the games and, last two seasons, ESPN Brasil buy the rights to show Premiership here in Brazil.
Quote:
Being a Paulista, I can safely assume Kurt is a fan of one of the following teams:
1) São Paulo
2) Santos
3) Corinthians
4) Palmeiras
First choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 14:12   #15
Kurt Cobain
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by almilan
how popular are milan in brazil by the way?
Pretty popular! And it's easy to explain this popularity. After the WC 82, an open channel started to show Serie A here in Brazil. I was a kid at that time, but I assume that the people were curious trying to discover the secrets of italian game, who beat us in Spain.
Some seasons after it Milan started to play a magnificent football, the Gullit, van Basten & Baresi team, and to watch Serie A on Sunday morning was a fever here in Brazil.
Milan vs. Maradona's Napoli was a happening here in the late 80's and early 90's!
Other thing that really helped was the fact that the major television station here aired the Champion's Cup final from 1989 until 95. Most of them Milan was involved and Baresi lifted two times the trophy - can't remember who was the captain in 1994. Rossi? Albertini? Il Genio? Donadoni?
In recent times Real Madrid, with Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Zidane, became popular too. Don't know if it'll change in the long term because nowadays, to watch Serie A, you have to subscribe pay tv (ESPN International or ESPN Brasil). RAI International comes in the package too.
  Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.