![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Thierry Henry
I have a feeling Henry is playing his last season at Arsenal. What do you guys think of us signing him in the summer. I know we already have Gila and Sheva, but theres nothing wrong with having 3 top class strikers over a long season.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2000
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: The divine swan himself : MARCO VAN BASTEN!!!!
![]() |
Will never happen......Galliani ain't no Florentino Perez......
__________________
A Milan con Affetto..... F O R Z A M I L A N - 2011/2012MARCHETTI;Abate,DAVID LUIZ,ASTORI,Vila;Thiago Silva;Flamini,Pirlo;Robinho;Pato,Ibrahimovic |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 1999
Location: Norn Iron
Fave Players: Sheva
![]() |
After his experience at Juve, I think it's exceptionally unlikely he'll go back to Italy. my hunch is that he'll be at Barcelona next season.
__________________
People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Im 100% sure that if we try, we can get him. Viera hardly had a great experience in Italy, but went back. The only question is, do we want him??
Personally, I would love to see a striker with his qualities at Milan, but not at the cost of Gila. eidt..Plus his experience at Juve was as a promising winger, not a truely world class striker.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
I wouldn't mind seeing him at Milan but I am not sure how much a luxury like that would cost us - 20 mil euros, at least IMO. For that matter, I just don't see us going after him unless one among Sheva or Gila leaves or gets injured. Furthermore, if we are gonna splash big for a striker, I would expect us to go for someone younger, like Torres for example.
Also, I am not convinced that Henry himself would like to come to Italy again. True, Milan's style is so different than that dry, sorry-a$$ game Juve have always played, but still I would expect him to move to Spain where both Real and Barca would love to get their hands on him. Vieira also had a miserable experience in Italy but when he came to Milan he was a nobody, back then even French soccer fans hardly had any idea who he was. So, as a no-name youngster he could hardly expect something more than sitting on the bench for long preiods of time and hardly getting any playing chances at all. As for Henry, his was a different story - he was, more or less, a big name transfer for Juve and everyone expected so much of him ... and I am sure he himself expected much more from his Italian experience too. Instead, it all came to ubrupt end for him and thus the disappointment as whole was immeasurably bigger than it was in Vieira's case. That's what makes me doubt that Henry would want to come back to Serie A even if that means playing for the best team in Europe. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
![]() |
No need to get Henry. We already have three world class strikers in Sheva, Pippo and Vierri and a decent one in Gila. I think we are just fine the way we are!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
I would take him in an instant. Agreed he's 29 now, same age as Shevchenko i believe and ideally we'd want someone a little younger, but Henry is such an athlete that he could easily go on into his mid thirties and offer us at least 3 years at the top level if not more.
Shevchenko, Gilardino and Henry would give us the best three strikers money could buy in my opinion, the greatest amount of ability, a striking threat like no other ... it would be immense. A possibility perhaps, but maybe just a pipe dream in the end.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
![]() |
I rather have Ibrahim ba back than getting Henry.
He choked big time against bigger opponent and I believe he don't have Milan class. He bangs lots of goals in amateur league but I bet he will failed again in Italy just like when he was in Juve. I think he will be telling himself not to playing in Serie A after the experience he had. Give me Torres anytime. ![]()
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't? I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.' - Arrigo Sacchi |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
We really need to spend money on our defence, RB and maybe a CM. Henry is not a must buy situation, so i think he'll go to barca or real m.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
![]() |
If Arsenal spend some cash and show him they are ambitious then he may sign a new deal with them, if not then i think he'll be at Barca by next August.
I made my views on Henry's quality pretty clear in the past threads about him so i wont repeat myself, if Milan have a chance to get him then i'd hope they take it but as Gilardino has already been bought i dont see the strikeforce being strengthened next year, i think any available cash will be spent on the defence.
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: LIVINGSTON
Fave Players: BARESI, MALDINI
![]() |
I dont think it would be a good idea to sign Henry, he is not the right kind of player Milan need right now. We already have Sheva and Gila, who, although (IMO) have not forged a strong partnership yet, have shown some promising signs. As far as im concerned the attack is good and Galliani and co should maybe invest on the defence that is living on borrowed time (I rate the current one but we all know they are ageing).
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
Naturally the defence is more important. But if he's available and if we have the money, why not buy him ?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i, like Stezagud, have made my feelings known about Henry before, but i don't buy any of this "he's not good enough, he'll buckle under the pressure" rubbish .... the guy is quality, period.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: LIVINGSTON
Fave Players: BARESI, MALDINI
![]() |
I think that the money required to bring+attract Henry to Milan would be too much and could be spend on someone younger ie a few years ago we could have had Cannavaro, instead we opted for Nesta. Now Cannavaro is "slowing down a bit" and Nesta is still excellent. Instead of investing that sort of money, why not scout Brasil as we did for Kaka and find a new emerging talent (still dont understand why we let guys like Robinho go to real ...)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
![]() |
Quote:
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
![]() |
we should look to stagger the ages in our squad better, we have a very young striker, one who is right on peak, and two very old strikers. we need someone in the 24-26 age range. Obviously this is a problem because a 25 year old striker who is proven to be very good can cost millions thus we should probably keep an eye on less popular leagues and smaller italian sides.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith. |
|
|
|