AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Presentations

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 21:48   #1

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Ciao from California!

Hola from sunny CA state.

I have been living and playing football in California for 13 years now.
I am not a pro of course. I just grew up in a football-nut family, and have watched all World Cups starting from Argentina 78.
Attended the 3rd-place game in Los Angeles 1994.
The toughest WC to watch was in 2002 because of the time zone(s).
I had been a devoted Dnepr fan in 83 till 89, while my dad supported
Dynamo Kyev all his live (Lobanovsky was his idol, I think very highly of him too).
I was in already California when my dad told me about Sheva.
I thought he was exaggerating. Then we had Barca 3-0 in Kiev and 4-0 in Catalunia.
And I started to pay attention. Watched Real got beat next....
I could not believe when I heard a rumor about Milan paying huge $$$ for our Sheva ... and still cannot belive how well he played and is playing for Milan.... Here, last year I started to follow our great star in Series A and in the CL, and most importantly in the World Cup qualifiers. Ukraine is through, we made it to the WC, finally and I look forward to watching our team in Germany (hopefully live)!
Go Ukraine!
P.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).

Last edited by ukrainian_CA; 02-02-2006 at 17:57.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 21:56   #2

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainian_CA
Hola from sunny CA state.
P.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).
So obviously you do not like russians...Welcome anyway, hope you gonna like it here.
Russian team needs a constant normal coach, not like Yartsev...someone who ll support the team, help them to get together, develop team work and trust. It is easy to put dirt on a team, but a lot more difficult to help.
(be very careful, I am a patriot... )
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 22:01   #3

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
welcome!
im from kiev, so im obviously rooting for them in the world cup
You still haven't mentioned where exactly you're from in ukraine, though

You speak russian or ukrainian?
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 22:29   #4

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to MM, hope you have fun here
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 22:37   #5

Flamy

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Portugal
Fave Players: only players who can dignify AC Milan
Flamy is on a distinguished road
welcome
catch a little bit of sun for me

see ya
Flamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 22:54   #6

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan918
welcome!
You still haven't mentioned where exactly you're from in ukraine, though
You speak russian or ukrainian?
Dnepr city. Both.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 23:01   #7

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
So obviously you do not like russians...(be very careful, I am a patriot... )
Not so obvious, what is obvious is that you generalize sometimes -
I rooted for Russians in the world and euro cups.
I am a russian citizen and reside in Moscow once I travel to Russia which I do almost annualy. Also, I have some other interest there too.
I have nothing against your Zenit (though I cherish memories of Zenit getting trounced 5-1 or 6-1 on the snow in Piter in Nov. 86 which I attended) and your beautiful city that I love much more than the capital. I actually love Kiev almost as much.
So, please refrain from generalizing personal conclusions. Most of them are off anyway.

Last edited by ukrainian_CA; 01-02-2006 at 23:27.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 23:43   #8

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
posted a picture in my favorite jersey in the members lounge .
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 00:51   #9

MilanPerSempre

Registered User
 
MilanPerSempre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Kaką
MilanPerSempre is on a distinguished road
Welcome!!! Have fun!!!
MilanPerSempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:40   #10

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Inferno Rossonero mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainian_CA
P.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).
Me too

I recall one match in Moscow, I guess... it was pouring cats and dogs when Sheva scored a last minute long range goal and equalized the score... russians where out of the tournament... I was exited

Forza Sheva
Forza Milan

rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48   #11

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
Welcome to Inferno Rossonero mateMe too

I recall one match in Moscow, I guess... it was pouring cats and dogs when Sheva scored a last minute long range goal and equalized the score... russians where out of the tournament... I was exited

Forza Sheva
Forza Milan

It was a blunder by the russian goalia i heard. Sheva hit a free kick from a side line, and the Ukes made it once again to the play-offs (Slovenia or Croatia...?)
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:11   #12

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Yeah... I know that cuz I have seen whole match... but I enjoyed the sound of stadium so much ... there was scilence that you could hear Sheva's celebration
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36   #13

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainian_CA
Not so obvious, what is obvious is that you generalize sometimes -
I rooted for Russians in the world and euro cups.
I am a russian citizen and reside in Moscow once I travel to Russia which I do almost annualy. Also, I have some other interest there too.
I have nothing against your Zenit (though I cherish memories of Zenit getting trounced 5-1 or 6-1 on the snow in Piter in Nov. 86 which I attended) and your beautiful city that I love much more than the capital. I actually love Kiev almost as much.
So, please refrain from generalizing personal conclusions. Most of them are off anyway.
I am sorry if I was wrong...
By the way from 86 a lot of time passed, and now Zenit is a completely different team....
__________________
FORZA MILAN!

Last edited by Egoistka; 02-02-2006 at 06:53.
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:04   #14

Acmir^

Registered User
 
Acmir^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
Welcome to MM...enjoy!
btw what's your name
__________________
A.C. MILAN & F.K. VARDAR

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 13:46   #15

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Welcome dude... I am also in SoCal... San Diego
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.