![]() |
|
|
#106 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
Look, in the end of the day, it all boils down to courage. Do we have the courage to let go of one of our most successful managers in history and start a new era? It can backfire, but then again if done properly it can propel us next season. Look at Barca---let go of Frank Rijkaard, one of their most successful managers to date AND Ronaldinho who was a legend, and started a new era with an inexperienced coach, Guardiola, and look where they are now, they will be a force to contend with for many years. The question is do we have the courage to let Carlo and perhaps, Ambrosini, Seedorf, and maybe even Pirlo leave, and use that money to rebuild? Or do we keep going and keep looking back at the golden years as justification...
|
|
|
|
|
#107 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
![]() |
We could use Barca example, or we could look at Manchester and Arsenal, or look at that Real Madrid with their coach policy, which seems to me very similar to what we have on our forums, so would you guys like to have Real's results in past five years, actually I would like to hear from any of you revolutionaries names of five clubs in europe to exchange our results with in last five years. I've seen the pool so let's hear those names.
This is how I see who could take Carlo's place Hiddink or Maldini, one for I believe he is the best at the moment, and the other for having the charisma of Christ, and also, I would expect the knowledge gathered for such a long time playing. I strongly believe that Carlo is letting some of our legends have their last moments on the pitch so he could start fresh from next season. This in my mind is right thing to do in so many ways as we are saying goodbye to one of our best generations. For those of you who want to win all the time buy a FIFA cd and indulge yourselves, as for real life and real fans I beg you all to show patience and let those people in the club resolve their matters.
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best" |
|
|
|
|
#108 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
![]() |
Quote:
Anyway, Maldini has stressed time and again that he will never get into coaching. |
|
|
|
|
|
#109 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
![]() |
It means he can inspire and lead with ease and players would give their best under his leadership
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best" |
|
|
|
|
#110 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
![]() |
And christ did that?!
source please. |
|
|
|
|
#111 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
![]() |
You can use any other example if Christ bothers you so much, I put some arguments against Carlo bashing and everybody hooks on Christ.
If you have some religious issues try solving them in some other place, and if you need to get into conflicts, try doing it with someone who can actually punch you in the mouth.
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best" |
|
|
|
|
#112 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
Dude, if you think Maldini is capable of coaching Milan AT THIS STAGE, then clearly you don't realize the stature of our club. IN fact, Maldini himself has denied that he ever wants to coach and will just be finishing his playing career. I know Barca did that with Guardiola, but he was long retired and working with the youth team, so it wasn't as big of a step up.
Secondly, if you believe that Carlo is simply letting our legends jog around as a final hurrah, then again you don't know the stature of this club. We are a serious football club, not a sentimental retirement home where players jog around just because they have done something for the club in the past. If so, why isnt Sheva playing? Why isnt Favalli playing every game? Why isnt Emerson playing? Thirdly, I too am against Real Madrid's transfer policy. But in the last five years, how many league titles have we won? Madrid won 2 back to back with Capello and Schuster. Their results haven't been abysmal as you make it out to be. ANd dont compare us to Man Uted, Man Utd have been immensely successful on all fronts over the last five to ten years, their coach was given full funds to start a rebuilding process, so of course they stuck with Sir Alex. Are we on any proper rebuilding at the moment? Have we been competitive in the league? Being double digits behind Inter every year is pretty pathetic. ANd Arsenal are keeping Wenger because no other coach can come in and make a team competitive with the sort of transfer fees they have available. No one is attacking Carlo and no one is playing FIFA videogames, we are simply expressing our opinions. If we are to all as you say it, "let the people in the club resolve their matters", then why have this forum in the first place? |
|
|
|
|
#113 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
![]() |
Despite 5-1 win last week, I am still not sure Carlo can win the league next season. He can win the Champions League, but winning a league is some thing beyond his tactics. I have already voted 'NO' for Carlo, infect I am the starter of this HOT thread
![]() BUT I would say 'YES' for Carlo only if he can make Paolo Maldini postpone his decision of retirement till 2010, because I can't se my Capitano retiring empty handed He must retire with the UCL or Scudetto in his hands. Or even if ACM had won the UEFA Cup this season (which I was 1000% sure of winning ) then Maldini's retirement would have made sense Plus I bet most of the ACM fans worldwide would love to see Maldini+Nesta one last time in the UCL Come on all of you admit it that Maldini can play for one more year at the highest level Forget Vidic and Santacrose, they are not coming. Else where I can't see any defender good enough to replace Maldini. We will get Agger, so get rid of Favalli and Sendros. ACM need 5 CBs for next season and here is my (perfect) list:-Maldini -Nesta -Agger -Bonera -Kaladze Agger would learn from Maldini next season and the he would be replace him for long term. Agger is a good enough to do that ![]() So its ver simple Mr. Carlo! Make Maldini play for 1 more seaon and zeekay would say 'YES' for you, despite your horror show for the last 15 months or so ![]() Forza Maldini, the Greatest Ever European Player ![]()
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll "WHY so serious?....." ![]() ![]() Let's put a SMILE on that face! " ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
#114 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
![]() |
Let's just make Maldini play until he literally dies on the pitch....mmmkay?
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market" |
|
|
|
|
#115 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
Or you know what, we can put him in the squad next season while he enjoys his retirement and in the 90th minute of the CL Final, which of course, we will be leading by 4-0
, we bring him on and play him as trequartista and then he lifts the trophy. Glorious enough ending for you, zeekay? |
|
|
|
|
#116 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: USA
Fave Players: pato, Kaka, Essien, Julio Caesar
![]() |
I know its hard to say goodbye to Maldini but that time has reached....I'll definitely miss him terribly..He's the best centre back/left back football has ever had...Up till 40 he's still playing very well and is still better than most CB's out there...Complete legend....Goodbye Maldini....
![]() |
|
|
|
|
#117 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
![]() |
Quote:
![]()
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll "WHY so serious?....." ![]() ![]() Let's put a SMILE on that face! " ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#118 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#119 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
![]() |
Quote:
![]()
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market" |
|
|
|
|
|
#120 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
![]() |
I know it's a long stretch, but imagine Il Capitano winning the scudetto in his last game, in the last round of the Serie A... Now that would be something.
|
|
|