AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2009, 16:02   #271

Nordahl

Registered User
 
Nordahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2007
Location: Brazil - RJ - Rio de Janeiro
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Baresi, Zico, Platini
Nordahl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eels View Post
ahahahahahahaha ... me too.
Hahahahahahaha, + 1.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!

Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:02   #272

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosoneri_11 View Post
We are finished people, Berlu has ****ed that team.
Word. We have seen this coming for years, and finally the moment is here. Total humiliation.
I, for one, am angry at the management, because they failed to act on the market when we actually had money, which left us screwed over this summer when we had to sell Kaka due to the financial crisis, and couldn't afford to bring in any significant new players.

Yet across town, Inter just signed Sneijder with Moratti saying, "I don't know how necessary this signing is, but what ever." For some reason, even though we make more money than them, they can afford to spend a lot more on the market than us.

It's not about the financial crisis. Berlu isn't broke. It's about how much he prioritizes Milan - which is not a lot, these days. SELL UP, if you're not going to invest.

Furthermore, I think I speak for most fans when I say that I can deal with a season or two of rebuilding the team, meaning that we're not going to be serious Scudetto contenders. But I can't deal with the club I love and spend a lot of money on being humiliated like this, by our fiercest rivals. And honestly, the process of renewal should have begun after Athens 07.

We haven't won the league in six years now. Enough is enough. I raise my middle finger at Berlusconi (I actually don't blame Galliani that much - I think he is doing the best he can with the resources available to him), and repeat: SELL UP!
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:02   #273

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
I forgot to say, what's more humiliating than this defeat is that Mourinho already knew that his side will win, so he played Sneijder. Better to play him as soon as possible.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:05   #274

the_eels

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2006
the_eels is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm View Post
Word. We have seen this coming for years, and finally the moment is here. Total humiliation. And honestly, the process of renewal should have begun after Athens 07.

We haven't won the league in six years now.
.... my sentiments (minus the middle finger). I demand action!
the_eels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:06   #275

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Bosniaco, I will do the same as you, but hopefully, there is no Inter fan here, nowhere, that doesn't exist ... so I will be quiet (and anyway, I won't speak to men tonight, only girls, I need to be comforted).
Well I have couple friends who are Inter fans, no one texted me today, which is suprising. I always wear my jersey even when Milan loses to small teams. ITs just I know I know they will attack me about Milan they always do. Before was the age of Milan, then this summer no spending. Now 0:4 **** man
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:07   #276

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
However, we don't have arguments against bigger teams the way things stand now.
And that is why? Becouse Berlusconi didnt invest in this team and will not. When I said Milan needs new managment you made fun out of me by saying Milan needs new fans also etc.

Nevermind. As long as Berlusconi is a president Milan will not be a top club ( by resluts ), becouse in today's football money is needed, not words to fire up masses. San Siro crowd today showed what do they think of Berlusconi, Galliani and sale of Kaka' ( by singing his song ).

About the game:

Pirlo with two DM's needs to play as a central midfielder and push vertically. But Pirlo is no longer top player football manager ( the game ) makes him. He is a washed up player that plays aliby football and everyone can see that. He cant move the way he needs, so he plays "fancy football". But that doesnt work, it can amuse my grandmother but not more. Pirlo is no longer top class player able to play CL tempo football unless he sits 15m from CB's and pretends he plays.
Dinho - This man cannot run. ( the rest, that think he can play at highest level, try to explain that to yourselves, Im not a shrink. ) He'll have few good games and people will start bragging again and so it will go on and on. Dinho is also not top player anymore.

Marek - ??????
Zambro - lost the tempo and sharpness.

-Rino - subed vs Siena coz he couldnt run anymore. Got injured and lost his mind...a sign that he is also unfit and it shows.

Boriello - good for street fights but cant really score...

Pato, Silva, Nesta - absolute class player. Pato is a player that cant be marked, Im sure he'll win golden ball in the future. He is absolutely unmarkable 1 on 1. I've not seen this for a long time, not even young Kaka' had that.

And, I will not defend Leo: In this game Seedorf needed to play in 3 man midfield, not Pirlo. And Ambro was not needed at all. I cant say too much about Leo now, the saeson will show it.

hunter - better player then Boriello by far.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:09   #277

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm View Post
Yet across town, Inter just signed Sneijder with Moratti saying, "I don't know how necessary this signing is, but what ever." For some reason, even though we make more money than them, they can afford to spend a lot more on the market than us.
And how much many he spent on bad signings.

From 1998 to 2006 he spent more than 200 million of euros on bad signings and after all that he says "Well, what the ****, here's the money, buy Sneijder, even if it's not necessary."

And our poor Berlu spent 8 million on Dida's wages over two season and we won nothing.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:10   #278

the_eels

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2006
the_eels is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Well, after this loss it's clear that we need more than "LB and AM". I can see Galliani now taking Van Der Vaart for 5 mil., well hey he's the champion that Real wants to get rid of. But even it would be too much to spend for the richest man in Italy.

Seriously, here are some thoughts:

Storari - He isn't the first choice after all, but he was very good today. We could conceded more if it wasn't him saving us on some occasions;

Zambrotta - I don't know why many of you are putting the blame on him. He was good defensively as always, could not offer anything offensively because of lack of support;

Nesta - One bright point. He was let down by his midfield and LB for all the goals conceded;

T. Silva - Another bright point. Same as Nesta;

Jankulovski - Absolutely pathetic. Cannot defend, cannot attack. He isn't worth Milan's shirt;

Gattuso - Played well until that penalty, and everyone have to be fair and tell that he had no choice but to hold Eto'o. He lost his nerves after that, received red cart, but anyway we couldn't back form 2:0 down;

Pirlo - Guilty for the second goal because his bad set piece led to the counter. He's a pale shadow of old Pirlo. We should sell him to Chelsea and take Fabregas instead;

Flamini - Lost his man at the first goal. He shouldn't start the game. If he is the best we got we are pathetic;

Ronaldinho - He did actually ran on one occasion when he missed the sitter. He's not good enough to be the first choice and without any decent cover;

Pato - Our best player by mile. He was lacking support;

Borriello - I've said it before, the only quality he has is to hold the ball. Someone should tell him on which goal he is attacking and that he is actually a STRIKER.

Seedorf - Should have start. At the time our best midfielder by mile;

Ambrosini - Nothing special, better than Flamini anyway;

Huntelaar - He got himself free of his marker on two occasion for just 20 minutes on the pitch. His the only light on this Milan's match.
____________________________________________________________________

Sum:

We are not the title contenders in any way. We will NOT be the title contenders even if we get Van Der Vaart and a decent side back. It was very bad decision not to sell Pirlo. We could take Fabregas. Then, we need a WORLD-CLASS attacking midfielder, not some sacked overrated player. Berlusconi has to spend some serious money.

The irony: if we by some miracle get Ribery we would be the title contender again.
I also noted that Nesta needs time (which will be less with his age) to get back to the same level of super-sharpness he had. I want to believe that he might have made a super-human stop at Maicon's 3rd goal if he had the sharpness as his past.

Missed it by a smallest margin.

The problem seems to be also, a lot of our players seem to need time to come back. Borriello has been out, Gattusso hasn't been playing for a while and Nesta is only starting to find is high-levels again. Ditto R80. That's almost half the squad.
the_eels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:11   #279

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry, the only players we have designed to play 4-3-1-2 are our center backs, and our strikers. And by strikers I mean Pato and Huntelaar.

Huntelaar should have started, in the few minutes he had, he showed how much more class he has then Borriello, who plays like utter trash.

Huntelaar shows that he's willing to work hard and get stuck in, making the argument that Borriello should justify his place because of his hard-work moot.

Dinho should be dropped, but, for who? That's our problem.

I wonder who wants to admit that Seedorf seemed active and ready to play?

Against Livorno I'd play

------------Storari
-Zambro--Nesta--Silva--Janku
---Abate---Seedorf--Flamini
-----------Dinho
-----Pato-----Huntelaar

I think Gattuso might finally be finished. Last year, he showed that he was still an amazing player. However, he has yet to show that this year.

Zambrotta is far better than many are claiming. He's not the issue here, I don't remember any real Inter attacks or danger coming down his side. It was all on the left side. Janku and Flamini were both at fault for the first goal, but it was Janku's poor positional sense that led to Eto'o break-away, I mean, how can both Flamini and Janku be caught in the attacking third? How basic a principle is the overlapping run?

I'm amazed that Abate wasn't given a run, not today, but even against Siena. He has shown that he is worth a shot. Pirlo, I'm unsure of, today was not a great Pirlo performance.

I think Van der Vaart is looking increasingly more interesting, I'm a huge Dinho fan and today I can't defend him. He was lazy, and showed spurts of interest, but, I just don't think he deserved to be on the pitch today.

I said this game would be important because it would show what Leonardo's tactical and managerial abilities are. He did not know how to steady Gattuso down, which Carlo would do. He should have made him shut up and just contain, rather than let him loose.

When we went 1-0 down to them, Milan were playing better. However, Borriello was a continuous issue for us, he would always stop our attacks, preventing us from doing anything positive. Mourinho put in Sneijder the first opportunity he could. I don't see how Klaas didn't warrant a similar sort of treatment.

And who cares if Leonardo didn't see Sneijder being on the pitch? It really shouldn't have changed much, Inter played in the exact same formation that they did against Bari. Sneijder did not pull the strings from midfield like he should have. Yes, he was active and had some good shots, but he was not some sort of revolutionary figure.

I really think Leonardo should take a big part of the blame for this game. So should Gattuso, I'm all for the passion and what not, but when you wear that Captain's arm-band, that doesn't just mean you've been at Milan the longest. It should mean that you are a leader by example. That tackle, in the center circle was unnecessary and pointless.

Yes, I think Berlu is a bastard, and he should pour money into this team, because it was all of Inter's new players that really made the difference today. We only got to see one of our new players, and the other two (Abate and Huntelaar) should have played.

But it's more than just Berlu not giving us money, for whatever reasons, its just that Leonardo is really someone who doesn't play the team to win, but really in this sort of abstract or on-paper sort of formation.

Carlo understood we don't have the players for a 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 that he favors. I argue that this team before us is not designed for 4-3-1-2 either, but, we have strikers for that formation, and the question is, do you drop Huntelaar, even though he is a significant purchase?

I guess at the end of the day, for those of us that wanted to make sure that Berlu saw that Milan had issues, at least we did this in the best possible way. What do I mean? We got three points from Siena, and he played terrible in pre-season. We got crushed by Inter, but we're only a point adrift of them, and it seems we might be three back of Juventus. So we're not that far back now, and with a few days left in the transfer window, hopefully something will happen.

If it doesn't, which is the most likely, I think Leonardo will have a trial by fire. He does have options and this team is pretty good, but, it has to be played properly. 4-3-2-1 allowed this team to do well, despite tremendous amounts of injuries. It seems that we'll have to play 4-3-2-1 because of the lack of certain players, i.e. a full back and midfielder.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:13   #280

Milan_Kaka

Registered User
 
Milan_Kaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Kaka, Shevchenko
Milan_Kaka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
And that is why? Becouse Berlusconi didnt invest in this team and will not. When I said Milan needs new managment you made fun out of me by saying Milan needs new fans also etc.

Nevermind. As long as Berlusconi is a president Milan will not be a top club ( by resluts ), becouse in today's football money is needed, not words to fire up masses. San Siro crowd today showed what do they think of Berlusconi, Galliani and sale of Kaka' ( by singing his song ).

About the game:

Pirlo with two DM's needs to play as a central midfielder and push vertically. But Pirlo is no longer top player football manager ( the game ) makes him. He is a washed up player that plays aliby football and everyone can see that. He cant move the way he needs, so he plays "fancy football". But that doesnt work, it can amuse my grandmother but not more. Pirlo is no longer top class player able to play CL tempo football unless he sits 15m from CB's and pretends he plays.
Dinho - This man cannot run. ( the rest, that think he can play at highest level, try to explain that to yourselves, Im not a shrink. ) He'll have few good games and people will start bragging again and so it will go on and on. Dinho is also not top player anymore.

Marek - ??????
Zambro - lost the tempo and sharpness.

-Rino - subed vs Siena coz he couldnt run anymore. Got injured and lost his mind...a sign that he is also unfit and it shows.

Boriello - good for street fights but cant really score...

Pato, Silva, Nesta - absolute class player. Pato is a player that cant be marked, Im sure he'll win golden ball in the future. He is absolutely unmarkable 1 on 1. I've not seen this for a long time, not even young Kaka' had that.

And, I will not defend Leo: In this game Seedorf needed to play in 3 man midfield, not Pirlo. And Ambro was not needed at all. I cant say too much about Leo now, the saeson will show it.

hunter - better player then Boriello by far.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH the bolded parts made me crack!
Milan_Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:18   #281

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I'm sorry, the only players we have designed to play 4-3-1-2 are our center backs, and our strikers. And by strikers I mean Pato and Huntelaar.

Huntelaar should have started, in the few minutes he had, he showed how much more class he has then Borriello, who plays like utter trash.

Huntelaar shows that he's willing to work hard and get stuck in, making the argument that Borriello should justify his place because of his hard-work moot.

Dinho should be dropped, but, for who? That's our problem.

I wonder who wants to admit that Seedorf seemed active and ready to play?

Against Livorno I'd play

------------Storari
-Zambro--Nesta--Silva--Janku
---Abate---Seedorf--Flamini
-----------Dinho
-----Pato-----Huntelaar

I think Gattuso might finally be finished. Last year, he showed that he was still an amazing player. However, he has yet to show that this year.

Zambrotta is far better than many are claiming. He's not the issue here, I don't remember any real Inter attacks or danger coming down his side. It was all on the left side. Janku and Flamini were both at fault for the first goal, but it was Janku's poor positional sense that led to Eto'o break-away, I mean, how can both Flamini and Janku be caught in the attacking third? How basic a principle is the overlapping run?

I'm amazed that Abate wasn't given a run, not today, but even against Siena. He has shown that he is worth a shot. Pirlo, I'm unsure of, today was not a great Pirlo performance.

I think Van der Vaart is looking increasingly more interesting, I'm a huge Dinho fan and today I can't defend him. He was lazy, and showed spurts of interest, but, I just don't think he deserved to be on the pitch today.

I said this game would be important because it would show what Leonardo's tactical and managerial abilities are. He did not know how to steady Gattuso down, which Carlo would do. He should have made him shut up and just contain, rather than let him loose.

When we went 1-0 down to them, Milan were playing better. However, Borriello was a continuous issue for us, he would always stop our attacks, preventing us from doing anything positive. Mourinho put in Sneijder the first opportunity he could. I don't see how Klaas didn't warrant a similar sort of treatment.

And who cares if Leonardo didn't see Sneijder being on the pitch? It really shouldn't have changed much, Inter played in the exact same formation that they did against Bari. Sneijder did not pull the strings from midfield like he should have. Yes, he was active and had some good shots, but he was not some sort of revolutionary figure.

I really think Leonardo should take a big part of the blame for this game. So should Gattuso, I'm all for the passion and what not, but when you wear that Captain's arm-band, that doesn't just mean you've been at Milan the longest. It should mean that you are a leader by example. That tackle, in the center circle was unnecessary and pointless.

Yes, I think Berlu is a bastard, and he should pour money into this team, because it was all of Inter's new players that really made the difference today. We only got to see one of our new players, and the other two (Abate and Huntelaar) should have played.

But it's more than just Berlu not giving us money, for whatever reasons, its just that Leonardo is really someone who doesn't play the team to win, but really in this sort of abstract or on-paper sort of formation.

Carlo understood we don't have the players for a 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 that he favors. I argue that this team before us is not designed for 4-3-1-2 either, but, we have strikers for that formation, and the question is, do you drop Huntelaar, even though he is a significant purchase?

I guess at the end of the day, for those of us that wanted to make sure that Berlu saw that Milan had issues, at least we did this in the best possible way. What do I mean? We got three points from Siena, and he played terrible in pre-season. We got crushed by Inter, but we're only a point adrift of them, and it seems we might be three back of Juventus. So we're not that far back now, and with a few days left in the transfer window, hopefully something will happen.

If it doesn't, which is the most likely, I think Leonardo will have a trial by fire. He does have options and this team is pretty good, but, it has to be played properly. 4-3-2-1 allowed this team to do well, despite tremendous amounts of injuries. It seems that we'll have to play 4-3-2-1 because of the lack of certain players, i.e. a full back and midfielder.
I hate to burst your bubble mate, but tomorrows the last day of the window.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:18   #282

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
i think 4231 would be good with flamini gattuso abate ronaldinho pato and klass up top by himself?
Rossoneri Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:20   #283

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
We have until August 31. That leaves what is left of today, and then Sunday and Monday.

I don't think we'll grab anyone, and that's the most frustrating thing.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:21   #284

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
I agree with Samaldinho on Leo's incapability. I thought he had many unique ideas and formations but till now his tactics have been more bland than that of Ancelotti's
boing boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 16:23   #285

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
We have until August 31. That leaves what is left of today, and then Sunday and Monday.

I don't think we'll grab anyone, and that's the most frustrating thing.

Fair enough.
One positive to look at though, its payday
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.