![]() |
|
|
#35 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Yes that scenario could have well happened. But to remind you the North did not annex the South. The south was very much part of the United States. Another point of interest is that a good portion of the south did not want to leave the union and likewise a good portion of the north was indifferent to issue of slavery and seccession of the Union. The Civil War isnt clear cut to just NORTH and SOUTH. Part of Virginia did not want to leave the Union so they stayed with the North thus West Virginia is a state today. The war wasnt a clear cut Democrats vs Republican either because you had many democrats favoring an undivided and free nation. Furthermore at the end of the Civil War it was not like the South lost any of its territory. No Union state gained possesion or territory from the southern states. The southern states were reincorporated into the Union as equal partners.
For me personally... Thank God that we dont have slavery today. I'm not black but an indigenous inhabitant of my land. Who knows for sure but I'm certain that the harsh treatment commited against blacks might have been accorded to me also. NOW if we talk about the United States' crimes against the American Indians. OK I have a lot of issues and grievances to deal to the government. |
|
|
|