AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2005, 19:30   #1

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down cordoba slaps milan fan!!!

Cordoba in fracas with fans
Saturday 7 May, 2005
Inter star Ivan Cordoba slapped a Milan supporter on Friday evening and Coach Roberto Mancini claims the defender was right to do so.

The ‘Corriere della Sera’ reported the incident this morning, as Colombian international Cordoba struck the young man who chanted ‘You never win’ as he walked through Milan city centre.

“If my son told me he was slapped because of that, then I’d give him another so that he’d understand it isn’t right to be so rude to complete strangers,” said Mancini in today’s Press Conference.

This incident overshadows the upturn in the Nerazzurri’s fortunes and they have been at the centre of controversy over the last couple of weeks.

Cordoba was also involved in the off the ball clash that saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic given a three-match ban, forcing him to miss Sunday’s Scudetto showdown with Milan. Juventus have made no bones about pointing the finger of blame at Cordoba for “simulating injury.”

“I spoke to Cordoba and he is a humble man who is rarely pushed to take such action, so I believe him. They were making fun of him and he reacted with a little slap.”

Mancini rushed to his player’s defence then and started his Press Conference with a statement that highlighted his increasingly angry state of mind.

“Before anyone asks me any questions, I wish to say a few things. For a couple of weeks now newspapers have been writing about events that never happened, so I wish to clarify that there was no argument between patron Massimo Moratti and President Giacinto Facchetti after our 2-1 defeat at Messina. The same applies for the supposed row I had with Adriano.”

The relationship between Inter and the Press has always been fractious, but has only deteriorated over the last few months.

“If you want respect, then you have to give it back,” continued Mancini. “I understand that it’s the favourite pastime of journalists to try and destabilise Inter, but I would at least appreciate it if they stuck to reporting true events, otherwise I’ll stop giving respect as well.”

obviously the guy has a problem with keeping his hand of other peoples faces ... fookin prick!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.