AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2005, 17:03   #1

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Milan vs Palermo (ALL comments)

Not sure if I wanted to start this thread, as we drew the last time I did...and a draw would hand the title to Juve....if they win vs their minnow opponents....

But, here we go vs the wonderfully pink clad Palermen....hmm so grateful I dont support that team...in my totally homophobic country, (rated as the most homophobic in the world...nothing to be proud of, but a reality nevertheless) wearing a pink jersey would be inviting a sure pelting with any hard material that could fit into the human hand...

I beg to differ with the preview from channel4....I dont see this as a must win game....I see next Wednesdays fixture as the only must win game we have left this season.

From:http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...5/mil-pal.html

Quote:
(a very loose quote mind you... )Serie A Week 37 - 20/5/05 (20.30)
Milan - Palermo

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan’s Friday night clash with Palermo at the San Siro is a must-win game. Although the club will probably have one eye on next week’s Champions’ League Final, Carlo Ancelotti knows that anything less than a win will see Juventus crowned champions. Palermo, on the other hand, are looking to secure a UEFA Cup berth and are still a few points away from doing so. But their recent form has seen them fail to win in six attempts.

Milan are forced to make one change from the side which drew 2-2 at Lecce. Max Ambrosini suffered a groin injury and is likely to miss the rest of the season, so Serginho takes his place in the team. Alessandro Nesta returns in place of Kakha Kaladze, with Paolo Maldini reverting to left-back. Pippo Inzaghi is also expected to start a second consecutive game given that Hernan Crespo is injured.

For Palermo, Giuseppe Biava comes back in place of Cristian Zaccardo. Prolific striker Luca Toni will be keen to impress given his recent links with Milan, after the Rossoneri looked to be priced out of a move for £35m man Alberto Gilardino.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini; Gattuso, Rui Costa, Serginho; Kaka; Shevchenko, Inzaghi

Palermo: Guardalben; Biava, Barzagli, Conteh; Santana, Barone, Corini, Grosso; Brienza, Zauli; Toni

Ref: Bought and paid for by Juve
How dare they suggest that we would field our strongest line up, when we have the UCL finals a few days thereafter!!!

I would lose ALL respect for Carlo were he to do something as foolish as what I see channel4 intimating....they cannot be serious....but, since they dont pick the team, I will endeavour to reduce my blood pressure, and relax, until I see the official line up from acmilan.com.....
__________________
I Love Milan.

Last edited by Warro Bantan; 18-05-2005 at 17:06. Reason: haste...making waste....
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.