AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09   #9

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
From:http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/jul1f.html

Quote:
Altobelli sees Vieri at Milan
Friday 1 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter legend Alessandro Altobelli says he wouldn’t be surprised to see Christian Vieri sign for Milan following his Nerazzurri split.

The striker mutually agreed to cancel his Inter contract on Friday and the race for his signature has already begun.

"If he has decided to terminate a deal worth £17m then it is because he has received an interesting offer, perhaps from Milan," the former striker told Datasport.

"Am I joking? No, I’m being very serious and ready to put a wager on it. I don’t think he’ll join Juventus, I doubt he’ll move to Spain or England. Vieri will go to Milan!"

The Rossoneri could in theory make a bid for Vieri, seeing their problems in trying to keep Chelsea owned Hernan Crespo and signing Alberto Gilardino from Parma.

Vieri scored 122 goals in six seasons for the club, just six less than Altobelli, but his exit hasn’t surprised the former Azzurri ace.

"A love-hate relationship had developed over the past few years and it was clear that it would end like this," added the 1982 World Cup winner. "He was also contested by some fans."

The Coppa Italia holders have undoubtedly lost a good player but Altobelli still sees life after Vieri.

"Inter won’t have a problem in attack without Christian," he added. "Boss Roberto Mancini still has Obafemi Martins, Alvaro Recoba, Julio Cruz and Adriano."
This is one transfer I wouldnt want to see....

I dont think I have ever liked Vieri...he seems to disappear in big games, or worse, waste chances.

He hates the bench, even when he does nothing to deserve to start...while he is undoubtedly talented, I would much rather seeing him at Tottenham or another Premiereship team, as they play his type of game. Long balls and crosses.

Please, please, not Vieri.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.