![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
Fave Players: Boban, Maldini, Sehva, Weah, Rossi and Billy!
![]() |
Replacing Dida?
Who do you think is good enough to replace Dida now that the Brazilian is starting to play like the Dida of 4 years ago and be horribly inconsistant?
I think a short list of the worlds top keepers would look like this. Buffon - there is no way we will ever get this player, Juve know his worth and would not let him be Milans. Casillas - It would be a posibility ina few years when his contract is nearing the end, but right now he would be too expensive. Reina - Amazing Keeper, never rated him before he joined Liverpool, but I think he is similar to casillas in contractual situations, maybe in 5 years he's an option. Van Der Sar - Too old to think about in my opinion, will retire at Man Utd. Petr Cech - Would Chelsea let him go? Is it even a realistic option? Frey - the Viola know him worth and his potential, I don't think he would be cheap! Coupet - Maybe he is the most realistic option, would not be cheap but he is reachable, very good keeper and has a few more years left in him. and now My choice based on 1)Age 2)ability 3)Potential Price 4)consistancy Shay Given - He is the most consistant Goal Keeper in the English league, rated by managers, players and critics alike as newcastles most important player (even more so than Owen and Shearer). He is only 29, NEVER HAS A BAD GAME! Pulls of countless "impossible saves" and has only 18 months left on his contract! He is Irelands best player, he is also the onyl reason Newcastle aren't in threat of being relegated this season! I think the best option for Milan (or any TOP team looking for a quality goal keeper this summer) is Given, he is immense and I don't just say this because he is Irish, I say it because I belive it is true. Anyone who doesn't rate this Player either doesn't know anything about football or is simply an idiot.
__________________
Seaninho
|
|
|
|