Quote:
|
Originally Posted by nefremo
I don't know what's the whole fuss about bringing more Italian players at Milan. Five of our "starters are Italian. Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Gilardino. Then we also have Inzaghi who has become somewhat of a starter as of late and Ambro who when fit starts plenty of games. That is half of our starting eleven guys. The rest of the starters are just top of their class that yes...you can find in Italy as well, but they belong to other teams and wont leave. That is why, if you want succsess you have to look elsewhere for world class. Look at the other top clubs in the world. It is the same thing. Some players of their own country and the rest is just top class from all over. In fact, us and Juve are two of the few top clubs that have half of our starting teams Italian.
It is just the way it is. If you want to be the best in the world, then you have to get the best from the world. And like I said, yes, some of the best in the world are in Italy but some of them we have, and some of them belong to other teams.
|
Mate, italian players play in other teams, but foreign players also play in other teams! What's the problem?! If we wanna buy one, we can do it, but I prefer italian one than a foreigner.
I am not a glory hunter who needs only victories. I do not care if we dont win anything for some years if we do grow up our youth. IMO it's significant duty for a club who respects it's history and legends. That's why Milan is so precious for my heart.
