![]() |
|
|
#11 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
1) Being 75 or 100 percent is not about somebody being "healthy" or not. It's about reaching his "pre-injury" state. After a serious injury, it takes a long time to be 100 percent again. So Oliveira's time in Brazil was certainly a rehabiltative one. He was certainly not 100 percent, and after only 12 games, I was expressing my doubts as to whether he is now at 100 percent---fitness wise, skill wise, and injury wise. What the hell is so difficult to understand about that? 2) Please dont compare a cruciate knee injury to an American football player to that of a football player. The implications are different as both sports require different range of motion of the knee. I could care less if Dante Culpepper recovered in six months. What I care about is whether RO will recover "completely" from his injury and that his injury will have to lasting effects on his abilities as a football player. It is a concern that one should have about every footballer who suffers such an injury---especially a striker who relies on his speed and ball control. Have I made that clear enough or would you like to "twist" my words further? 3) Yes, you are right. Re-injury post ACL injury is not uncommon and is a grave concern. But one cannot draw a definitive conclusion based on a period of 12 matches post-injury. Ask Pippo Inzaghi how long he took to finally get over his re-injury problems. You are free to express your opinion, but as a doctor who has experience in orthopedic surgery, I can tell you that I will only breath a sigh of relief when RO plays for us continuously until New Year and remains completely injury-free. This is simply my personal opinion. You can draw your own conclusions. 4) NObody is saying that the Milan doctors are idiots. Again you masterfully demonstrate the art of distortion. As a physician myself, I am expressing my own concerns regarding the situation. And I can tell you that the Milan doctors all probably also share similar concerns. But in life there is no guarantee, I am sure that they put him through a very stringent medical and he passed with no problems. But I can guarantee you that if RO suffers an injury on the field, the one thing playing through the Milan doctors' minds would be a re-aggravation of his previous injury---it is a legitimate concern. But then again signing any player is a calculated risk. If a player has a history of serious knee injury, it is even more of a risk. You are right, Milan doctors are not idiots. They would only be idiots if they did not have legitimate concerns about a player's injury and his recuperation period post-injury. ANd for me to express a similar concern based on professional experience and knowledge does not make me a pessimist or an "idiot". It is simply being realistic. So, I hope this is the last time I have to reply to you. You can be the eternal optimist, or whatever you want to call yourself. Be happy and good luck. But dont forget that there are others who have opinions and ideas that are different to yours. Learn to accept other's opinions without challenging every single nitty gritty detail with your own "wisdom". Live and let live my friend. |
|
|
|
|