![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
![]() |
Attendance in Europe
I was just doing some research on football attendance all over Europe and I found a great site, which maybe some of you know but it looks like it is accurate enough. http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ITA/SA/attend.html
There was some others, but the numbers are more or less the same. Mainly I have read a lot of stuff here and on websites as in attendance has gone down and that is mostly true for Italy I I think. Only a few teams have a bigger average attendance while a lot of the teams don't even fill 50 % of their stadiums. It is sad to see that Lazio's average attendance is only around 16,000 a game where their stadium can fit about 82,000 people. Even though attendance in Italy has gone down and now Italy is far behind Spain, Germany and England in terms of per/game attendance this season, Milan's attendance seems to be pretty high regardless of all this. As a matter of fact, here is the average attendance of teams across Europe for this season. 1. Barcelona - average per/game (90,000); stadium capacity (98,000) 2. Man. Utd - (75,531) ; (76,212) 3. Borissia D. - (73,050) ; (83,000) 4. Shalke - (61,433) ; (62,109) 5. Arsenal - (60,000) ; (60,432) 6. Real M. - (58,250) ; (75,000) 7. Celtic - (57,042) ; (60,832) 8. Marseille - (56,767) ; (60,000) 9. Bayern - (55,200) ; (69,060) 10. Hamburg - (54,940) ; (56,000) 11. Milan - (51,800) ; (85,700) 12. Ajax - (48,000) ; (?) 13. Valencia - (48,000) ; (53,000) Some other Italian teams are Inter with 42,000 ;Roma with 41,000; Fiorentina with 32,000; Palermo with 29,000.... It is not as great as it should be as teams like Marseille, Hamburg, Celtic, Shalke, Borussia D., Celtic should not be in front of us but the 3 teams in front of us are only averaging 4/5,000 more a game which is not that much. Climbing up the table in Serie A and a few more impressive performances should give us 5/6,000 more on an average in the near future. Although I think Milan situation is not that bad........Italy's situation could not get any worse I think. Here is a little table on the leagues: 1. Germany - total attendance in 81games (2,947,708);average p/g (36,391) 2. England - 99 games (3,401,787) ; (34,361) 3. Spain - 80 games (2,452,781) ; (30,659) 4. Italy - 90 games (1,854,995) ; (20,611) 5. France - 110 games (2,172,160) ; (19,746) 6. Holland - ? games (?) ; (17,500) It is embarassing that Italy only averages 20,000 people a game..... 15,000 less then Germany and England and 10,000 less then Spain. The federation has to do something to improve this situation. This season though it looks like the league is more balanced and that might work out for the better with this issue because the more chance the smaller teams have of making it higher up the table, the larger their attendance is going to be. I just thought it would be interesting to share this here because I was really wondering about how football attendances are throughout Italy.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER! Last edited by nefremo; 01-11-2006 at 20:16. |
|
|
|