AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2006, 21:39   #11

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
The Departed was awesome. Best movie I've seen this year. Great acting, great suspense, just an excellent movie in general.

I also saw Flags of our Fathers, one of the most overrated movies I've seen in a long time. I was expecting more, a lot more, especially after having read the book. Except for the three main characters, you don't get to learn anything about the other flag raisers. And the movie barely shows anything about the battle following the flag raising.

Even though its more historically accurate than Saving Private Ryan, I think the latter is a much, much better movie. By the end you actually get to know the characters and you care about what happens to them. In Flags of our Fathers, unless you've read the book, you probably won't be able to name the 6 flag raisers, unless you listened very closely. And you definitely won't be sure who was who in the movie.

Can't wait to finally see Borat this week
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:43.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.