AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-2007, 05:14   #11

menon_inc

Registered User
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Malaysia
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini
menon_inc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I think there's a misunderstanding. I don't think anybody is trying to say Ultras=Hooligans, but they have a strong disliking for the violence of some (not all, but a fair number) ultras.

The support the ultras show the teams is fine, nobody wants the support to end (not the other fans, not the clubs, not the players), and the ultras having sections in the stadium is fine too, I doubt anyone would be happy to see the Curva Sud losing it's passion. The only desire anyone has, and I'm sure you will agree with this, is that the violence ends.

I don't see why matches should have been postponed either, this has very little relevance to football, and as many players have said, is a reflection of the problems in Italian society rather than a football matter. The ultras that began this whole thing are hooligans (irrespective of how much they may support their team), there was no reason to act the way they did when seeing rival supporters on the road. The police (and security in general) in Italy are poor, most people know this, but the fact remains had these Ultras acted properly, rather than flaring up trouble when seeing each other, the police wouldn't have been involved to begin with, thus avoiding the whole situation.

I've read previously in the thread that ultras won't attack innocent people. I can only reply that earlier this season Milan fans were making complaints about how they were threatened to not show support to the side by the ultras (who were protesting against the club). Giovanni, a highly respected poster in this forum has told of personal experiences where he was threatened by ultras, and how violent some ultras can be.
Intresting points. Lets hope everything gets resolved before the next round of serie a action.
__________________
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/----
-----
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.