![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: Pakistan, Peshawar
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Buffon.
![]() |
Seedorf or Pirlo
I often feel that Pirlo is deprived of what he actually is because he is stuck so much into the defensive midfield duties that he does not get a chance to get forward and express himself. The best I saw of him was at the 2006 World Cup in Germany where Italy played with two holding midfielders in Gattuso and Pirlo which lessened the burden on Pirlo and allowed him the freedom to move forward. I can understand that at Milan we cannot change our formation but what we can do is think of Seedorf as an overall player. See I admire Seedorf’s game up front but what concerns me is that he does not come back often like Gattuso which leaves Pirlo with a lot of work to do and stuck in the defensive areas (Center and the left side to be precise).
Now if we replace Seedorf with someone who may not necessarily be as good as Seedorf up front but a better player in coming back and helping the defenders at the left side it will allow Pirlo to only cover the central area leaving the right side to Gattuso and the left side to whoever the new player is. In this way with little burden on Pirlo he will go forward a lot more and he can do what he is good at. Plus the only reason why I see Seedorf needed currently is because we have a weak strikeforce and in every likelihood by the start of next season we will have a strong new striker who can spearhead the attack along with Pato with Kaka aiding the two I think it’s about time we seriously consider Seedorf’s future at Milan as he will be least needed then. Moreover this will mean more chances for Gourcuff as we often play the away games of champions league with 5 midfield palyers in which two players Seedorf and Kaka play in the attacking midfield role so with Seedorf gone Gourcuff can easily take his place as an attacking midfielder. |
|
|
|