![]() |
|
|
#11 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
![]() |
Milan Coach Leonardo: Carlo Ancelotti Motivated Me To Take The Job
Leonardo has been officially unveiled as the new Milan coach, and he is hoping to bring success and build upon what former tactician Carlo Ancelotti left behind... 1 Jun 2009 12:00:04 Carlo Ancelotti Leonardo has spoken of his delight after being unveiled as Milan's new coach on Monday, and he is ready to continue building as he works towards brining more success to the club. Milan have confirmed the former Brazil international has signed a two year deal which expires on June 30, 2011. Leonardo is hoping he can lead the club back to glory as he prepares to settle down and begin a new adventure. "I am tied to Milan with great affection. It's an important day for me, it's special and different to what I could have imagined," Leonardo told Sky Sport Italia during his unveiling. "I am truly happy for this choice. I have been here for 12 years and starting after Carlo means something even deeper as I had a good rapport with him." Leonardo spent Sunday saying farewell to his former mentor, and he admits Ancelotti had a helping hand in pushing him to take on the role. "It was extraordinary yesterday and to see all the players crying was strong," added the coach. "Carlo has always stimulated me to accept this role. It has been difficult over the last few days with everything that has happened. "I am happy, I start a new adventure. Now we have to construct. We have the right foundations in terms of will and determination in place to succeed "We have a good structure here and I don't think there is any need to make major changes." Kaka has been linked with plenty of clubs as the transfer rumours continue, but Leonado is not fazed by all the hype, confident his fellow Brazilian will stay. "Kaka is always a dream for many teams. Honestly, I don't see any problems. We have him here and I hope he continues to stay here with us," added Leonardo. "Obviously you can never tell what happens with the transfer market, but I am hopeful he will stay." |
|
|
|