AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 07:51   #11

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
The size of the club is determined by its success. Not its budget. That is why so many players passed over Man City (Kaka, for one) and only when they got Mancini as their manager, did anyone actually take them seriously.

Clearly because of the political realities surrounding Berlusconi, it seems pretty clear that we are not going to be spending. I think its funny that we want a youth program like Barca's, but are not ready to go through the pain of that transition. Frankly, I like seeing more and more young names come to us, while not guarentees, I would love to see more players like Abate, Antonini, and Borriello playing for us.

Milan is a big club, its a team that makes quite a bit of money (top 10 in revenue) and other clubs aren't stupid. Milan might have a tighter budget, but they still have some money. I don't see the point of Galliani to pay over-the-top prices for players that have the post-World Cup added price. Furthermore, if clubs want to see us as being on a smaller budget, that puts us in a better advantage. Its the same negotiation skills that merchants use in bazaars and markets in the developing world.

I agree with the frustration over Milan's "revolution" always being "next year." However, 2011 really is that year. That is when those contracts we are stuck with actually expire. It seems obvious we're trying to move Kaladze, Oddo, and Janku but we can't. Fine, they'll be gone next year. Dida and Favalli are gone, and I don't see us resigning the terrible trio. Pippo still has some worth to him, those goals two seasons ago were great, and while he frustrated me this season, I have learned not to doubt him.

With Ronaldinho, Pato, and Pirlo; Milan still has that bit of star quality. What we were missing last year was stability in the back (injury wise) and the depth that could carry us through tough spots. Keeping Ambro, Zambro, Seedorf, Nesta, and the like aren't the problem, it's that we are relying on them as much as we are. Games like the Chievo game where Seedorf came up big, show that these players are still valuable. Scholes, Giggs, and Van der Saar provide that quality for Man Utd, for instance, the critical element behind their longevity is the reliability of their back-ups.

We are going to focus on youth, that's clearly the case. Last year and this year will be painful. Because we're going through transition, does anyone remember the dark times of Barca before Ronaldinho came? I do.

Plus, I don't see why you guys think debt is so awesome. Barca just had trouble paying for their players wages. Taking a loan out to pay wages, simple wages. So, no, I don't want that model. If it takes a few years of pain to get back to being healthy on all levels, then I don't care. You can't run a team properly without financial stability, the German clubs are strong examples of that.

While I am also frustrated at the lack of new players, I also understand the sort of tough position that the management finds themselves in, whether it was their fault or not is not the point, the fact is that they are trying to deal with it as well as possible. I mean, if we get a coach who has won Serie A coach of the year twice in a row, then grab a keeper on loan who might just be on poor form, and get an experienced CB who was one of Serie A's best CBs to provide us depth that killed us during our scudetto push, I don't see what is the problem considering that it is still July.

If a new stimulus is all it took to get Ronaldinho from dead-weight, to one of the major protagonists of last season, I think that Milan is looking on path for a strong foundation. I'm looking forward to more youth injected in, especially as they've been doing so well. I just don't know why we have to continuously yell and scream about the mess Milan is in. It is, but I think the bigger question is where this club is going long-term, rather than next month.

I don't know why we are taking the word of goal.com and others. I just see what is happening, and so far we have made a few smart moves, and I think we'll be seeing what happens. I just don't know why some random swap deals and made-up theories over Milan's deep strategy is being put forward by bored journalists, and we seem to love taking the bait and believing the worst case scenario. Until critical injuries, Milan was actually going after the scudetto. I'm sorry, its pretty clear that the problems are not as deep as many here think. That's the difference between us and Man City.
Fair enough Samaldinho , but if a club is judged on success then we have not been anywhere near being successful in 3 seasons...even last year we came good for awhile but I didnt ever believe that we would win the scuddetto just didnt have that feeling of confidence.

And youth is great but while Barca have been the best at it this decade just look at the quality of players they signed to blood in with the youth and not all for ridiculous money.
If there plan is not to buy players and just snap up promising young players and think that they will slot into the first team and we will be one of the best clubs around again then they are wrong.Its great if you can have 4 or 5 players playing a vital role for your club that are home grown but you still will have to sign players.And nobody here is talking about paying players 200,000 a week and paying 80 million for players.We are talking about players that at most 10 - 15 million and will be good additions that will make our squad and team better.

I see your point but I disagree Milan are no longer one of the top clubs we have not been past the CL last 16 for 3 years have not seriously challenged for any trophy in that time.Are constantly losing games to sides like Fiorentina Roma and Inter , our players look tired after 60 mins when they play , Guys like Borri Abate Antonini Bonera are only good players .Our youth team players some of who are 20 and 21 are still not good enough to play in Serie A that is not any good , if they want to try and copy Barca , then looking at guys like Messi Pique Busquets Bojan Iniesta Valdes Pedro Jeffron, we have nothing in our youth team even close to any of those guys.

Thats another thing those are the best Barca have produced in the last 8 years thats 8 players are we going to play with 8 players and no bench ??? Youth development is great but you stil need to buy playes and not overpay .
Jay Crisp is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.