![]() |
|
|
#11 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
What Leo has done hurts fans on an emotional level, and while football is a business, we cannot acknowledge there's a lot more passion/emotional investment in this sport than in other industries. From this perspective, what Leo did is a despicable act of betrayal.
However, from his own perspective I understand that he's got a chance of a lifetime here, as there aren't many top coaching jobs available for a man with his CV (i.e. 1 year coaching Milan and getting sacked, being beaten 4-0 by both Inter and Man Utd). He was overlooked for Brazil (something I'm sure he made himself available for) and now probably wanted another good opportunity. If the reigning European, Italian and World Champions come asking for him, then he could well be considered stupid for not accepting. Personally, I think he's a good coach, but one which may struggle with the current Inter squad. He likes attacking possession football and we know how much Benitez struggled trying to introduce it at Inter. Ultimately, I'm unconcerned about Inter and Leo right now, as I must say Allegri does seem a better coach and we only need to worry about ourselves right now. As for the Kaka and Maldini rumours. I can imagine Kaka may decide to join Inter if he gets a strong opportunity. However, I don't think a deal seems likely to materialise and I must admit the Kaka of the past 2 years is nothing compared to Kaka in Milan. Maldini on the other hand cannot be anything but rumours, the guy is like Baresi or Rivera, a Milanista through and through (Rivera, despite hating Berlu has never gone against Milan). I'd wager my support for Milan over Maldini not going to Inter. |
|
|
|