AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-01-2011, 12:13   #28

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Thats the problem, tactical over gut instinct. For crying out loud, Allegri should take some risk instead of playing it safe. He did that with Bonera playing as CB and LB, really can't see why he would not play Cassano as ACM from the start. Or play Strasser or Merkel.
Most Italian managers will favour the tactical decisions, even if at times it seems baffling. I wouldn't call Bonera a tactical choice though, I really don't understand his reasoning there other than he probably feels there are no better options.

Cassano isn't fit to play from the start, and therefore is being used as an impact sub for now(to great effect too). In this particular match, I think Allegri could have done something about Seedorf, but I'm merely saying I feel he tried to make the right choice which was sensible and not one I'd necessarily argue with in the situation.

Allegri isn't our only problem (I'd argue he plays a minimal part atm) and the reason we drew. Why were Nesta, Seedorf, Flamini, Pato and to some extent Ambro all so bad? More importantly, when taking the lead it's natural to consolidate the lead by maintaining control in the match. However, I was shocked at the number of times our midfield was caught out of position with Lecce attacking. After scoring, I really don't see why someone like Rino is pushing forward so much when he's a destroyer.

We need to regain our discipline on the pitch from next week onwards. Our lack of defensive discipline of late is what has hurt us and this is key to our season successes so far. When we regain this element of our game, our confidence will automatically rise again.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.