AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2007, 14:10   #1

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
Seedorf Thread

I see on the Italian version of acmilan.com that:

L'A.C. Milan comunica di aver prolungato il contratto che lega Clarence Seedorf alla societŕ rossonera fino al 30 giugno 2011.

Though Seedorf is a good player, is it worth keeping him for so long when it is evident from hsi recent form that perhaps he is past his best, is too slow and also seems not to care at times?

Yay or nay?
__________________
Life's a game of two halves
I score
I shoot
the crowd roars
I'm never going home
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 14:36   #2

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
It's a good thing to have him under contract for so long, it means he can't just leave for free in the near future (not that we'd get alot for him now anyway). Plus just because he's contracted to us for the next 4 years, doesn't mean we have to keep him for that long
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 15:38   #3

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Not only that, but Seedorfs current form IMO is more as a result of fatigue, having played more minutes than most of our players, and from the pre-season at that...

The Seedorf of old was always one of our better players...if a bit inconsistent.

Bravo Clarence!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 16:16   #4

marcovb

Registered User
 
marcovb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Maldini,Van Basten,Kaka
marcovb is on a distinguished road
I hope Seedorf will end his career in Milan's shirt
He is an intelligent player and i think he is intelligent enough to be a leader
marcovb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 17:20   #5

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I am happy Seedorf extended his contract, but I will be even more happy i he becomes a rotation player rather then a starter next year. We need some fresh blood in the midfield and I am affraid Seedorf is the one to be sucrificed. I want him to stay because having a player of his quality on the bench always ready to step in would be great.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 18:48   #6

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
I am happy Seedorf extended his contract, but I will be even more happy i he becomes a rotation player rather then a starter next year. We need some fresh blood in the midfield and I am affraid Seedorf is the one to be sucrificed. I want him to stay because having a player of his quality on the bench always ready to step in would be great.
Hear, hear, that's what I meant to say.
__________________
Life's a game of two halves
I score
I shoot
the crowd roars
I'm never going home
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 20:22   #7

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Im a surprised most of you are so happy with this move. I really like Seedorf but honestly, in recent years he has been getting worse and worse. He has a good game once in a while, but he certainly should not be wearing our #10 for the next 5 yrs. For heavens sake, him playing now is a slow as a turtoise, imagine him when he's 33-35!!!!!!
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 20:33   #8

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Im a surprised most of you are so happy with this move. I really like Seedorf but honestly, in recent years he has been getting worse and worse. He has a good game once in a while, but he certainly should not be wearing our #10 for the next 5 yrs. For heavens sake, him playing now is a slow as a turtoise, imagine him when he's 33-35!!!!!!
I doubt he would stay at Milan for the rest of this new contract, something that is true for most 30 yo players who extend an already existing contract.

As someone else mentioned already, this is done for the sole purpose of not losing him for free. Lets also not forget that Seedorf is one of the leaders in the dressing room and is one of the most respected and outspoken players currently at Milan, so his influence on the team is not limited to on-the-field preformances only.

I personally would expect to see Seedorf stay for 2 or so more years, not counting the current season, with his role becoming more and more that of a quality squad player as time progresses ... something similar to what happened with Rui. And then, when he's 33-34 yo, I would guess he would go back to Ajax as he's often said that he would like to finish his career at the club that introduced him to football.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:58   #9

rahul.acm

Registered User
 
rahul.acm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
Seedorf has played with hard working players like Rijkaard at Ajax, the flamboyant and pansies of Real and wannabes of Inter. His experience cannot be overlooked considering our delicate situation atm. We are in a transitional phase where would replace a lot of key players with new comers and youngsters. I think this phase will last for 1 year at least. How do you think we can regain the form of 2003 and 2005 season(s) without him?

Its sad but as Zlatanov said, he will follow the footsteps of Rui and leave once he is 33 or 34. Also I think that the only coach of the top flight, who considers Seedorf valuable is Ancelotti. So if Ancelotti leaves there is a good chance that Seedorf will go along with him. They are bosom buddies.
__________________
You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.
rahul.acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 03:56   #10

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Seedorf is a great person, smart, speaks many languages, is an entrepeneur, and still a good player... maybe not as fast as before, but just like Rui helped Kaka', I think Seedorf can help Gourcuff, who will probably take his place little by little.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 07:52   #11

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
I am pretty sure Seedorf wouldn't lose much with age... but that is all if he stays motivated.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 11:30   #12

Filip_8

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Kaka
Filip_8 is on a distinguished road
Hello!!! I am Filip and I come from Croatia.
Filip_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 11:38   #13

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Hello Filip....welcome

Here is the place where you can open a thread and present youreslef
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 13:00   #14

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
next season this guy will prefer walking on the pitch and he will still be "untouchable" in carletto's scheme
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 14:06   #15

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
I hope that this will turn out to be a good decision.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.