AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2006, 12:24   #136

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MaJi_tz
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has declared new signing Yoann Gourcuff is good enough to be a regular next season.
The France U21 international signed for Milan last week from Rennes and Berlusconi said: "Gourcuff is a boy prodigy.

"I have an idea for next season: he could play behind the forwards with Kaka, taking advantage of their individual qualities."
Fantastic statement by Berlusconi, pointing out that we'll play next season with two attacking midfielders!
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 12:53   #137

bosnian_acfan

Registered User
 
bosnian_acfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: sarajevo, bosnia herzegovina
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini
bosnian_acfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI
Fantastic statement by Berlusconi, pointing out that we'll play next season with two attacking midfielders!
It sounds pretty good...
bosnian_acfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 12:54   #138

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Maji_Tz; where do you get all your information from? please share with us the sources.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 23:14   #139

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
guys, since Gila has been starting for Milan, I really started disliking him more and more every time he played. I just dont think he has what it takes to play in a 2man attack, he always sticks to the defender and looks for the foul.

Let me guys remind u of something, when he was at Parma and he was tried in a 2man attack, he never played well and wasn't a starter, but when Adriano got injured, he took the lone striker role and bagged in 23 goals (extremely impressive considering he played only for half the season!!). The next season Adriano went to Inter and he remained in Parma and also bagged in 23 goals.

BUT, when he played for the Italian NT (olympic) he played so bad in a 2man attack. So bad, that even Gentile changed the whole formation to a 4-5-1 just to satisfy Gilardino. When he played as a lone-striker he played so well.

My point is that Gila seems to perform well only when he plays as a lone striker. When I say perform well, I mean he contributes in the game, assisting goals, helping midfield, scoring goals, holding up the ball. But when he plays as a striker along someone, I really dont see him playing well guys. Does anyone agree on that? He still bagged in 17 goals in Serie A but IMO, he only had a handful of impressive performances this season.



Ok, here is my crazy insane idea, I know alot of people will not agree, but I'll just share my thought. We dont need to be a 30m striker to replace Shevchenko, but instead can get a cheap striker like Suazo or Klose. Berlusconi today did say that we will play with Gourcuff beside Kaka. Considering he is good enough and will have a big impact as Kaka, why dont we simply change our formation and keep playing with an X-mas tree formation, with Gila as a lone-striker? I mean, I thought Gila did not have a good season and still got in 17 goals. Imagine if he actually does have a good season and plays as well as he did at Parma? I think he would score 50 goals in Serie A! And we always knew that the X-mas tree formation was always great for Milan. Attackingly, defensively, and everythingly.


Wat ya'all think? I think its worth a shot.

(but ofcourse my view would change if players like Tevez and Messi were for sale, but right now, really there is no striker available that I really want Milan to buy)
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 23:38   #140

Edmando

Registered User
 
Edmando's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Oak-town, Baby!
Edmando is on a distinguished road
Amen to that, Hitmannq8. I always believe Gila is much better lone striker than playing with another striker. Actually, I think Schweisteinger will play well with Gila and Kaka. I don't know much about Gourcuff at all, but I do hope that he get to play. Maybe Foggia can take the AM role? I don't know. Well, I don't think Shevchenko's departure means the end of Milan cycle... look at the bright side, it's the start of a new winning cycle (after all the cleanup of "calciopoli")
Edmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 01:59   #141

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
guys, since Gila has been starting for Milan, I really started disliking him more and more every time he played. I just dont think he has what it takes to play in a 2man attack, he always sticks to the defender and looks for the foul.

Let me guys remind u of something, when he was at Parma and he was tried in a 2man attack, he never played well and wasn't a starter, but when Adriano got injured, he took the lone striker role and bagged in 23 goals (extremely impressive considering he played only for half the season!!). The next season Adriano went to Inter and he remained in Parma and also bagged in 23 goals.

BUT, when he played for the Italian NT (olympic) he played so bad in a 2man attack. So bad, that even Gentile changed the whole formation to a 4-5-1 just to satisfy Gilardino. When he played as a lone-striker he played so well.

My point is that Gila seems to perform well only when he plays as a lone striker. When I say perform well, I mean he contributes in the game, assisting goals, helping midfield, scoring goals, holding up the ball. But when he plays as a striker along someone, I really dont see him playing well guys. Does anyone agree on that? He still bagged in 17 goals in Serie A but IMO, he only had a handful of impressive performances this season.



Ok, here is my crazy insane idea, I know alot of people will not agree, but I'll just share my thought. We dont need to be a 30m striker to replace Shevchenko, but instead can get a cheap striker like Suazo or Klose. Berlusconi today did say that we will play with Gourcuff beside Kaka. Considering he is good enough and will have a big impact as Kaka, why dont we simply change our formation and keep playing with an X-mas tree formation, with Gila as a lone-striker? I mean, I thought Gila did not have a good season and still got in 17 goals. Imagine if he actually does have a good season and plays as well as he did at Parma? I think he would score 50 goals in Serie A! And we always knew that the X-mas tree formation was always great for Milan. Attackingly, defensively, and everythingly.


Wat ya'all think? I think its worth a shot.

(but ofcourse my view would change if players like Tevez and Messi were for sale, but right now, really there is no striker available that I really want Milan to buy)
Not a bad idea at all. In fact, I was also thinking along the same line. The only difference is that I would be happy to sacrifice a striker for a defensive midfielder. One of the biggest problems we had last year was the lack of cover in front of our back four. Pirlo doesnt have the characteristics necessary to provide adequate cover. I think it would be good if we played with one striker (Gila) and an extra defensive midfielder to help Pirlo out. Or better yet, we can move Gattuso to central mid next to Pirlo, and play a fast winger on the right who can also alternate to the left flank if needed....okay, enough day dreaming
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 07:28   #142

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
The only problem.. Ancelotti said that he's sticking with 4 defenders and 2 strikers. I remember seeing that sometime at the end of this season.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 09:14   #143

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
To play with a SINGLE striker? Fortunatelly Berlusconi will NEVER allow that...
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 09:33   #144

lked

Registered User
 
lked's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Prishtina/Kosova
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Nesta,Kaka
lked is on a distinguished road
that also wouldn't be effective .. we must transfer another striker this season !!
lked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 10:00   #145

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I like your idea hitmannq8, but will Berlu change his 2 striker attack to accommodate Gourcuff?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 10:50   #146

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Yea, Berlusconi himself did say that he will do such a thing to play Gourcuff. I read it at an arabic forum (acmilanclub.com)
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 10:53   #147

Devil Never Cry

BANNED
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Devil Never Cry is on a distinguished road
Yes Gourcuff is a good player !!!! And an optimal purchase!!!

Last edited by Reza; 26-06-2006 at 12:10.
Devil Never Cry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 10:54   #148

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
But did he say anything about changing his "two striker" policy? Gourcuff, Pirlo, and Kaka, cannot all hold in the same midfield, with only Gattuso being (as they say in italy) the "water carrier"...he cannot shoulder all the defensive responsibility, and I wouldnt want Kaka, etc to have to worry about tackling for the football...

Seedorf is supposedly getting the #10, so, will he, like Rui be relegated to the bench? Or will he act as a water carrier? He is wasted IMO, in that position...Therefore, we would have to play with Gila as point man, and Ambro and Rino, or Rino and Brocci, doing the running/tackling in the middle, if Gourcuff, Kaka and Pirlo are all to play.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 11:23   #149

Nirvana FC

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: São Paulo
Fave Players: AC Milan
Nirvana FC is on a distinguished road
I agree with you hitmannq8, but this is not going to happen in the beginning of next season. I think Gourcuff is talented enough to play regularly in the first team since the very beginning and Gila can play the lone forward role, although I am assuming that he (Gourcuff) will play limited minutes in the first matches.
4-4-2 will be the sistem most of the time next season. But sooner or late we'll see the rebirth of Ancelotti's favourite sistem: l'albero di natale.
Nirvana FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 14:56   #150

ZvonimirVukic

Registered User
 
ZvonimirVukic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Resen, Macedonia
Fave Players: CAPTAIN MALDINI!!!! Shevchenko,Kaka,Ronaldo,Pandev
ZvonimirVukic is an unknown quantity at this point
How good is this gourcuff guy? i havent seen him play...is he good enough to play for the best team in the world?

ACMILAN
ZvonimirVukic is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.