![]() |
|
|
#136 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
Not exactly a dream signing, of course, but considering that we were on the verge of a nightmare transfer, one must really feel relieved.
Well... of course it will not hurt if we still grab someone like Torres, not at all, but I guess that won't happen... so let's hope we'll still get a RB, a CB and a MF. |
|
|
|
|
#137 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
![]() |
Quote:
just know we need Oddo - Right Back Gallas - Center Back - Pinch Him Midfielder - Hmmmm Keep Vogel he isnt bad
__________________
Abbiati Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini Flamini Pirlo Boateng Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho
|
|
|
|
|
|
#138 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
Oddo and Gallas can be very worthy reinforcements, sure, but all the 'come and go' around their transfres have turned into a real saga hehehe.
|
|
|
|
|
#139 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
![]() |
Quote:
we only need them 2 i mean oddo is really needed we still have bonera and co ... so gallas is uum
__________________
Abbiati Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini Flamini Pirlo Boateng Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho
|
|
|
|
|
|
#140 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
Hmm.... perhaps we should try Miguel, or Alves... are they cup tied already?
|
|
|
|
|
#141 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
![]() |
Oliveira played all the Brasil WC qualifiers before his injury alongside Ronaldo or Adriano, don't underestimate him, he's good. I'm happy he comes to Milan. Besides the peeps comparing Milan to Barcelona and their "godlike team" did watch the European Supercup today right?
No? They got pwnd by Sevilla 0-3 and it could have been more, so much for Barcelona. I don't see them qualify vs. Bremen and Chelsea even ![]() |
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
Hmmm... Barça may not have a 'godlike' team, but I'm certain they will qualify against Chelsea and WB, and today they have a better squad than us.
|
|
|
|
|
#143 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
![]() |
Quote:
Did somebody see Alves playing tonight, he was great, he was named MOM, we need to get that guy.. please Galiani sign this gay ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
He's really a very powerful RB and, of course, infinitelly better than today's Cafu.
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
I thought some of you might enjoy this chat that Oliveira did for UEFA.com last September. I think it gives you a good feel for him as a person.
***** Chat with Betis star Oliveira The MasterCard TalkFootball Chat section is back for the 2005/06 campaign. Read the transcript of the Ricardo Oliveira chat which took place on Thursday 15 September below. Moderator: Welcome to today's chat with Real Betis Balompié striker Ricardo Oliveira. Ever wondered what goes on in the head of a Brazilian international? Well here's your chance! We've got Ricardo Oliveira in our chatroom, one of the most lethal strikers in European club football. When he's not firing in the goals for Real Betis Balompié he can be found starring in the yellow and blue of Brazil. So far Oliveira has been a real success at international level, scoring on his debut against Catalunya's regional team in a friendly at FC Barcelona's Camp Nou on 25 April 2004 and playing a part in the FIFA Confederations Cup 2005 campaign which saw Brazil lift the trophy. So, send in your questions (in English) now! Eagle-NL: How did you become a professional football player? Ricardo Oliveira: I was very persistent. When I was a boy I really wanted to be a player, but I never went to clubs to find out what I had to do. A friend took me to Rio de Janeiro, to play at a club called Campo Grande, I was 17. I stayed there for one week and got desperate. It was too hard, I cried the whole week and came back. simao0209: After loosing to Liverpool, can Betis still qualify for the next stage? Ricardo Oliveira: Yes, I think so. We showed we can play against anyone. They scored twice in 15 minutes and decided the game, then we had the control of the game and couldn't score. We still have a chance, we have to win both matches at home and then try to add something away. erdinnizam: hi oliviera , you absolutely have the talent and are succeeding lots of great things , so what's your plan for the near future, are you planning to join a more famous team and is there a team that you're dreaming to wear its shirt? Ricardo Oliveira: We can't make this kind of plans for the future. We need to be ready, but you can't play thinking about the next step. Of course we are always looking for the big things in football. Playing in Europe is already a dream and I am really happy playing for Betis. I am glad I made history in all the clubs I played for... Portuguesa, Santos, Valencia and now Betis. Tomorrow.... you never know. Radas: How can you describe your group rivals - Chelsea? Ricardo Oliveira: It is a very difficult team to beat. They won the first match, it is essential to qualify. Tactically they are almost perfect; they won all the matches this year without conceding a single goal! Ldominance: Which was the greatest goal you scored? Ricardo Oliveira: One goal I will never forget was against Monaco, when we qualified for the Champions League group stage. It was a difficult situation, they had just scored and were leading 2-1. So that goal was beautiful, because I took the ball in the midfield, passed by three defenders and scored. And also decisive, the goal that qualified us for the Champions League. west ham: did you play Futsal when u were younger? Was it important to your development? Ricardo Oliveira: Yes, I did play and it was very important for me. I was 10 years old or so... I had to do a real "trip" to go from my place to the futsal club. But then we had lunch there, we made some trips, it was really fun. Even when I started playing professionally, I never quit Futsal, I was played with my friends. It is fantastic for controlling, to make a quick move, I still feel how important it was for me. arabicman: who is your favorite player in attack? Ricardo Oliveira: Besides me? (laughing...) I always loved to see Romário playing. I have always tried to study his moves. And another one is Ronaldo, he is so calm when he needs to score. They are not the same players, obviously, but they are really decisive. dst: Allow me to say you're a great striker but do you believe that your performance in the c.l. will earn you a place in the up coming world cup? Ricardo Oliveira: It will be important. I can't say that one or two matches will guarantee my place in the Brazilian squad. It is a tough race and I think that the key is to be constant. My plan is to score at least 20 goals this season. I think if I am able to play well and always for Betis, I will be in the World Cup independently of the Champions League games. migue er betico: Ricardo, i hope you are really happy living in Seville, but, what do you actually enjoy from our city? Ricardo Oliveira: It is a small city, but full of places to go, to enjoy apart from football. People of Seville are so funny and happy… the weather is good as well. It is important to be happy where you work and Seville is giving me all that. It is the best place to live in Spain. Did you know?: Oliveira joined his childhood team SC Corinthians when he was just 14. Salsa girl: How do you relax in your spare time? What other sports do you play? Ricardo Oliveira: I try to be with my family most of the time. I love to play my guitar and sing with my with and my son. And like to relax in the swimming pool as well, the weather in Seville helps a lot! Besides football, I don’t play anything else. I can only play football!! That is what I like. Did you know?: Oliveira scored on his debut for Brazil against Catalunya's regional team in a friendly at FC Barcelona's Camp Nou on 25 April 2004. The striker added another two goals to his international tally against Hong Kong in February 2005 and played a part in the FIFA Confederations Cup 2005 campaign which saw Brazil lift the trophy. manu_betis: What team do you think will win the CL? Ricardo Oliveira: If Betis are champions everyone would be surprised, except my teammates and I. I hope Betis win it! Football today is too levelled and I think Betis can win. The playoffs format shows that everything is possible. Liverpool are a great example for everyone. They were not favorites, were 3-0 down in the final and won it. The favorites are Chelsea, Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus… they are too many. But Liverpool showed us that everything can happen. forza juve: who is your best friend in football? Ricardo Oliveira: I would be ungrateful with lots of people. People say it is difficult to make real friends in football. I think it is absolutely the opposite. I have lots of friends, but I won’t say one or two. It would be unfair with so many others. Of course I see often Edu and Marcos Assunção, because they play with me in Betis. dst: who will be Brazil's toughest team to face in this summer's wc? Ricardo Oliveira: Argentina, as always. They are the only ones who play equally against Brazil. They attack as well, they do not only defend. It is always tough to play them. Alexio: What do you like more: futsal, beach football or football on grass? Ricardo Oliveira: Interesting question, I loved to play beach soccer when I had the opportunity. But obviously the one I like most is on the grass. It is my job and I love it. Did you know?: In 2003, Valencia CF brought Oliveira to Spain and he played a part in the team's Primera División and UEFA Cup double triumph under Rafael Benítez. His first goal in the Spanish top flight came on 27 September 2003 against Real Madrid CF. Real Betis Balompié requested him on loan and then signed him outright for €4m on a five-year contract. Radas: Despite selling Julio Baptista to Real, your local rivals Sevilla FC bought same high-quality players and seem also to have a very strong team this season. Do you agree with that? Ricardo Oliveira: Yes, I agree. At least in theory they are stronger than last season. However, they have changed the coach, it is a new season for them. It is a mystery. They have a good team, but let’s see if they will get the results. Juventina: If you were not a footballer what profession do you think you would be in? Ricardo Oliveira: I don't know. Everyone says the same, don't they? (Laughing). I couldn't complete my studies and I gave up everything to become a player. Thank God it worked. noura: Hi , I'm a girl and I support the betis sevilla, we know that there are more and more girls who like football, what do you think about that? Ricardo Oliveira: Even in our training ground it is easy to notice it! The girls are coming and that is good for the sport. This week there was a girl who started crying because she wanted a photo. I left my car and did it! Of course. Only football has this effect, the passion for this sport in incredible. Radas: What advice would you give to all the young boys who would like to become good football players? Ricardo Oliveira: There is one thing I have in my heart and I’d like to say: a man is a true man if can live and die for his ideas. Who has no objective, a goal, a reason to live, something to do…. this person will be just walking around this world, without being noticed. I had a dream and I made it. That is what I say to everyone: try. You have to try, at least. If you want to be a football player, go for it. Ricardo Oliveira: It was a nice pleasure to be here with you from all around the world. I am proud and I hope you could learn a little bit more about my life. Saludos a todos!!! Moderator: Ricardo has now left the building but he was overcome by the flood of superb questions. Another day, another good chat thanks to both Ricardo and to the great effort made by you guys and girls out there. Have a good evening and make sure you join us for the chat on Matchday 2. Thanks again and see you next time!
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|
|
|
|
#146 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
![]() |
Quote:
![]() Last edited by Brasileiro; 25-08-2006 at 18:37. |
|
|
|
|
|
#147 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
![]() |
I think its not Oliveira's fault that Milan most probably wont add another striker. He (R.O) is a nice option to have and is indeed talented but we are thin upfront.
I think we could have done much much worse than Oliveira. So this was more than a solid move by Milan. |
|
|
|
|
#148 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: BIZERTE-TUNISIA
Fave Players: rui costa+chéva
![]() |
Quote:
i'm so sad ![]()
__________________
milan+CAB are my life
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Why are you guys so certain that Milan will buy nobody else? Or even that Milan won't buy another striker? Twenty-four hours ago you hadn't heard Milan linked with Oliveira, but it happened quickly. There are still six days left in the transfer period, so let's wait and see what happens before we pull down the curtain.
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|
|
|
|
#150 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|