AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 15:47   #136

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Oh man! This is really good!

I am afraid I cant see him play anymore. Oh, really great news (for me especially)!!!


Now, please Khaladze, realize three things :
1. You are 10 years younger than Maldini
2. You are no where compare to Maldini
3. Maldini is better playing DC than you

and please Khaladze, refuse to play DC when Maldini has to play left fullback!

I really can't think why there is still a good person like Maldini in this earth. He keeps obeying Ancelotti to play leftback and concede to a 'nobody' player like Khaladze!
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 16:28   #137

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
As happy as I am that Paolo is continuing...I hope that doesn't slow down the rejuvenation process. Maybe they're planning on postponing buying a CB for one year?
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 17:42   #138

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Good question Mystik, and one that I have asked in the wake of his signing an extension...

It could be that we don't go for either of a CB AND a LB....just one of the two, or indeed, we could decide not to make any aquisitions in this department...which IMO would b a mistake.

A big one.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 18:27   #139

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Ah yeah, his contract extension means also to dismiss the speculation that he only wanted to extend his contract when Milan played in CL next year.

So, what Maldini said is true, he continues to play because his knee's condition is now much better compare to last season (2006/07) when he decided to retire at the end of this season because of his knee's bad condition.

Last edited by Siregar; 06-06-2008 at 18:38.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 18:45   #140

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
As happy as I am that Paolo is continuing...I hope that doesn't slow down the rejuvenation process. Maybe they're planning on postponing buying a CB for one year?
If anyone other team buys, Zapata I'll be really upset.

This is the timeto blood these younger guys in the team...when they still the veteran Maldini around.
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 19:17   #141

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
LET'S CELEBRATE CAPTAIN!

6/6/2008 11:28:00 PM

Paolo Maldini renews his contract with Milan until 30 June 2009. At the end of his career they will be 41 unique and incredible years painted in black and red and a unique passion.

MILAN - Via Turati, Milan, its atmosphere, its trophies. Paolo Maldini, a smile, a joke, a handshake and then off, to the other side of the world with the certainty that in a few days, when he will turn 40, everything will still be there, in the same place as always.

It was enough to look each other in the eye for a few minutes to understand that everything is still as it always was. Paolo Maldini has won a lot and he still wants to win, he's run a lot and still wants to keep running. On their part Milan never even thought for a second they would have to do without a man whose attitude, class, and respect were the image of a winning idea of football like no other.

Maldini is Milan's and Milan is Maldini's, a symbiosis forged by total reciprocal respect and admiration.

Another year together then, Captain! To pedal towards new targets and possibly win everything there is to win.

acmilan.com
------------

Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 22:21   #142

ambrogirl

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: virginia,usa
Fave Players: baggio,maldini,costacurta,ambrosini,pirlo
ambrogirl is on a distinguished road
paolo ale paolo maldini ale ale. long live il capitanooooooooooo
ambrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 00:18   #143

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
wow.. that's one great news. at least for me many people thinks that he should retired this season because we want to buy new CB or LB. if this is about another player who's got extended contract at the age of 40 then i will be moaning all day. but i believe in Paolo. i think he will be able to do it 1 more season. then he will retires. and i believe he wont be slow down next season. but i hope rejuvenation still continuing (if you call that rejuvenation when we have Zambrotta in our squad as the 2nd buying from summer mercato )
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:43   #144

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Personally I'm very happy San Paolo will remain one more year. The day he's gone will be the first time I see a Milan without Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
As happy as I am that Paolo is continuing...I hope that doesn't slow down the rejuvenation process. Maybe they're planning on postponing buying a CB for one year?
I wouldn't think so. Maldini cannot be expected to play many games and he'll probably play a role somewhere in between what he has done in the past (as a regular starter) and what Costacurta was towards the end of his career (mostly a figure in the dressing room). In other matches, I don't really think anyone is convinced of Kaladze now and Bonera's playing more frequently at RB after his stunning run to the end of the season. Therefore, I'd say a long term purchase is still necessary in CB (i.e. Zapata ).
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:22   #145

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Wow Paolo.. how does he do it for so long? I don't have a clue... the stamina this guy has... his defending would make a 25 year old defender jealous. I'm so happy that Paolo is staying...
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 18:21   #146

Senahid1

Registered User
 
Senahid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: RBiH,Doboj
Fave Players: Maldini(C),Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Spahić, Barbar
Senahid1 is on a distinguished road
He is the GOD !!!

Long Live The King !!!

FORZA MALDINI
__________________
FORZA MILAN !


Senahid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 22:10   #147

Ragazza

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: USA
Fave Players: ZAMBROTTA
Ragazza is on a distinguished road
YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:44   #148

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
I just hope he's being smart, I mean, some years back his knees were deteriorated and his carreer seemed over now he keeps on playing. I hope in a few years he won't regret his decision. Coz I hate to see him end up as a criple. Don't get me wrong he is one of my favorite players...
Let's hope he can retire with a scudetto and the one cup milan lacks...
That would truely be a historic evening...
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:19   #149

MissCatalinaa

Registered User
 
MissCatalinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Seva
MissCatalinaa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
MissCatalinaa
I must say, Welcome to MM. We could be friends here
thank u
of course, we could be friends here
MissCatalinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 13:16   #150

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
Does Paolo really has the ability to play another season? Honestly , I don't think so, Paolo has to be honest with him self he can't play at the top level any more, don't get me wrong Paolo is my favourite and will always be and that's why I want him retire, I just can't watch players like Ibra, Trez, vucinic, Del Piaro, C. Ronaldo and such own him, its toooooooooo crawel to me, I can hardly remember Maldini's mistakes in the last 20 years Maldini, while I can remeber loads of mistakes in the last 2 seasons only, in the past words like Milan conceded a goal after a fateal mistake by Paolo were just impossible while inthe last 2 season they become reality, this is tooo bad.
I guess Petr Cech should now consider retirement form the national team.

__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.