AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > General Football

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2009, 17:04   #151

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Chelsea didn't even attempt to play any football though. All eleven players in their half, boot the ball out at the first opportunity. Those were the tactics.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:06   #152

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Nothing more clear than that. We could see the difference between Bayern and Chelsea.
Yep, Bayern isn´t the same even in Bundesliga.

Imo, Hiddink did the right thing. It´s crazy to play open football against Barça "midgets"...even more in a big field like Camp Nuo.

And this game, as last year against Manchester, is why I always said Messi still has to much to prove in Footaball. He needs to do what Kaká did in the near past...To lead his team to a important title...

Even the Spanish title is in jeopardy, and he needs to lead his team to a title before people claim him a GOD as I saw in football boards.

Look, he´s a Top-3 without a doubt, but like in the past years, Messi still "disappear" at the end of season(imo). Even at the Olympics, when the best/decisive player was Di Maria...

Don´t need to be harsh on me, Messi fans, but the guy still need to be the leader of a Title to claim the POY...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:16   #153

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Honostly I couldn't help but feeling a bit suspect towards the referee during the Barcelona - Chelsea game.

The reason is that after the first Chelsea - Liverpool game, the Referee of the game, Claus Bo Larsen, told Danish television that he had been approach by a Chelsea offical who had told him that he wouldn't like certain Chelsea players getting booked because they were one booking away from getting a match ban, much similar to what got us involved in Calciopoli. Now this was something the referee said in an interview, and seeing as he has absolutly no reason to make things up, I don't suspect it's not true.

Now during the game I found loads of decisions going Chelsea's way. The fact that Barcelona got as many yellow cards as Chelsea, despite Chelsea commiting 20+ free kicks against Barcelona's 6 speaks for itself. The episode where Ballack got dribbled by Iniesta towards the end of the game, stopped him by pulling him, taking away a goal oppertunity is something that 99% off all referee's would've given a yellow card for, since there was whistled for a free kick, yet no card was shown. This would've been his second booking.

A strong case could be made for Henry getting a penalty, but that isn't really what I found appaling. It was more the fact that he didn't give yellow cards in situations where he SHOULD give yellow cards, because it's just the rules, not down to a certain referee's preferences. Situationes where Chelsea players stopped Barcelona players delibratly taking away goal opportunity's. Another example would be when Yaya Toure was booked for arguing, Essien I think had stopped a Barcelona player delibratly on a counter attack, this should be a yellow card, but as in so many other cases wasn't handed out.

The other explanation is that the referee simply doesn't know the rules, whatever it is, i can't help but think about the claims of Claus Bo Larsen.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:22   #154

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Those were the tactics.
Very clever tactic. Barca still have many to prove under Guardiola especially in Champions League.

If Chelse had player like Kaka, Pato or other who is fast and can run with the ball, it would be nice to watch Barca's defence.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:28   #155

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Honostly I couldn't help but feeling a bit suspect towards the referee during the Barcelona - Chelsea game.

The reason is that after the first Chelsea - Liverpool game, the Referee of the game, Claus Bo Larsen, told Danish television that he had been approach by a Chelsea offical who had told him that he wouldn't like certain Chelsea players getting booked because they were one booking away from getting a match ban, much similar to what got us involved in Calciopoli. Now this was something the referee said in an interview, and seeing as he has absolutly no reason to make things up, I don't suspect it's not true.

Now during the game I found loads of decisions going Chelsea's way. The fact that Barcelona got as many yellow cards as Chelsea, despite Chelsea commiting 20+ free kicks against Barcelona's 6 speaks for itself. The episode where Ballack got dribbled by Iniesta towards the end of the game, stopped him by pulling him, taking away a goal oppertunity is something that 99% off all referee's would've given a yellow card for, since there was whistled for a free kick, yet no card was shown. This would've been his second booking.

A strong case could be made for Henry getting a penalty, but that isn't really what I found appaling. It was more the fact that he didn't give yellow cards in situations where he SHOULD give yellow cards, because it's just the rules, not down to a certain referee's preferences. Situationes where Chelsea players stopped Barcelona players delibratly taking away goal opportunity's. Another example would be when Yaya Toure was booked for arguing, Essien I think had stopped a Barcelona player delibratly on a counter attack, this should be a yellow card, but as in so many other cases wasn't handed out.

The other explanation is that the referee simply doesn't know the rules, whatever it is, i can't help but think about the claims of Claus Bo Larsen.
Actually the referee was not that good, Puyol should be given red card (second yellow card) when he tackled Malouda. Alibi can be found easily but the fact is still the same, Hiddink 'won' the game in Barcelona with his clever tactic.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:55   #156

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Actually the referee was not that good, Puyol should be given red card (second yellow card) when he tackled Malouda. Alibi can be found easily but the fact is still the same, Hiddink 'won' the game in Barcelona with his clever tactic.
Honostly i didn't take note of such a tackle, I did think his yellow card was harsh CONSIDERING the way the referee had been calling the shots all game though. Perhaps I was looking at it a bit biased, cause the way I saw it the ref had a clear bias aswell.

I just don't understand why people are going on about this being a complete failure for Barca. Yes they should've won, but honostly' doesn't a 0-0 favour Barcelona? Considering Chelsea didn't get an away goal. Chelea needs to score, and except for the Marquez slipup they weren't remotly close this game. Surely they can't stand with 10 men defending at their own stadium? The biggest concern for Barcelona though, is that they're most likely gonna have to field Caceras, who's a disaster to say the least.

Barcelona has been as good away as they have at home this season, and it wasn't like Chelsea shut Barcelona completly down, they did create good chances considering some key players was simply having an offday. Daniel Alves as an eksampel, who has been one of their most important players this season had a really bad day, not cause of Chelsea I think, cause his passing and particularly crossing was much worse than what we usually see from him. Also they can potentially have sealed the La Liga by next week, IF they beat Real Madrid, and that would without a doubt, except for perhaps the physical aspect, be a big boost for them.

and yes Hiddink no doubt, once again got it right.

Last edited by Christian; 28-04-2009 at 17:59.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:56   #157

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Actually the referee was not that good, Puyol should be given red card (second yellow card) when he tackled Malouda. Alibi can be found easily but the fact is still the same, Hiddink 'won' the game in Barcelona with his clever tactic.
One more time, I agree Siregar...
The referee did suspect decisions for both sides.

Chelsea did what Internacional did in WC Club final against Barça, when Pato was still a Inter player. Press Barça midfield at their side and of the pitch. Few teams can match Barca midfield speed The diference was that at that time, Adriano Gabiru had a chance like Drogba today, but did better and score. Result: Internacional(and Pato) champion.

The second half Chelsea(more fatigued) let Barça to play in their side of the pitch, and it was the time of Barca best chances. Hiddink did the right thing, and if Lampard had a good day, they could have done better at the counter...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 17:58   #158

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
^^ I wouldn't say they won anything though. One away goal in England (a very doable task) and Chelsea are in a heap of trouble. Bojan won't miss a header like that in England nor will Henry or Eto'o miss those chances again. Chelsea will have to open up eventually, they won't play for penalties.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 18:45   #159

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
That was actually not a complete failure of Barca nor Chelsea have won, that's why I used ' ' outside of word : won. This is a two games of round, so there is still so big chance of Barca to go through. But still Hiddink get the credit since Chelsea could hold Barca who are the favorite team to win this championship especially they played like in the training when they faced Bayern or Lyon in Barcelona. What I want to say is just like Brasileiro said : Chelsea is the real test for Barca.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 21:50   #160

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Actually, in this game, despite the very bad decisions from the referee (Alex and Ballack should have received red cards, as well as Puyol), the worst was the game itself ... it's exactly what I thought, this game was pretty boring.

And I was sure about that since the first minutes: Barcelona played slowly, there were missed passes, Chelsea was obviously there not to concede a goal (and trying to counter attack sometimes), after 5 minutes, it was like if you had seen the entire game.

This home game from Barcelona looked like their games against Manchester last year: it was like if both teams didn't want to create too much rythm (and of course, by playing this game, Barcelona is less dangerous).

I think Chelsea will attack a bit more next week as a draw can eliminate them (if it's a draw with goals). So it could be a good game.

For the Manchester versus Arsenal game, I don't expect anything.

PS: Please, no Manchester - Chelsea final again !!
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 01:04   #161

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
Hiddink's tactics was excellent. There is one very interesting info. This season, every team that came to Barcelona conceded at least 1 goal. Chelsea didn't.

Barca was too slow in midfield, Messi didn't brake Bosingwa once on the wing, later he tried to go through the middle...I hoped for a great game, full of goals, attractions and such..but the Dutch gave Guardiola's "total football" something to think about..

Barca has a better team, Chelsea has a great, experienced coach...I would like for Barca to go through, but it will be hard for them, especially without Puyol and Marquez..

Can Milito(??) and Pique stop Drogba and Anelka at Stamford bridge stadium? I don't think so.
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:31   #162

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Coming to the Nou Camp and parking a massive blue bus in front of the goal wouldn't qualify as excellent tactics in my book. It's the same thing small teams do week in, week out. The only difference is Eto'o and Henry didn't take their chances this week.

If Hiddink opens up at home against Barcelona then I'm sure Barca will get at least one away goal.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:37   #163

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
^^ I wouldn't say they won anything though. One away goal in England (a very doable task) and Chelsea are in a heap of trouble. Bojan won't miss a header like that in England nor will Henry or Eto'o miss those chances again. Chelsea will have to open up eventually, they won't play for penalties.
...and I completely agree. This leg is far from over. My(and Siregar) point was that it was the first time Barca would be facing a real strong team.

As Brazilian, I like it much more the style of Barcelona, but after the rubbish whining that I´m reading in papers of Iniesta, Xavi, Guardiola and Pique, I´n now wanting Chelsea to win...

It´s like when Brazil NT play here against any team other than Uruguai and Argentine. Everyone know the team would hold behind and use the counter...

So, Brazil draw, and the rubbish excuses starts...To hear Guardiola yesterday, is like to hear Dunga after these games...Pathetic.

If you can´t score, give the praise to the team that execute the plan better.
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:45   #164

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
...and I completely agree. This leg is far from over. My(and Siregar) point was that it was the first time Barca would be facing a real strong team.

As Brazilian, I like it much more the style of Barcelona, but after the rubbish whining that I´m reading in papers of Iniesta, Xavi, Guardiola and Pique, I´n now wanting Chelsea to win...

It´s like when Brazil NT play here against any team other than Uruguai and Argentine. Everyone know the team would hold behind and use the counter...

So, Brazil draw, and the rubbish excuses starts...To hear Guardiola yesterday, is like to hear Dunga after these games...Pathetic.

If you can´t score, give the praise to the team that execute the plan better.
Well as a fan I also find Chelsea's appoach pathetic... I'm glad Milan never play like this, and it's one of the reason I'll always support the Rossoneri. Chelsea is a big club, and yes, playing like that was probably the only way that Chelsea could get anything from the game, so fair enough, but that's only because Barcelona is simply a better team, pure and simply... Chelsea were lucky to DRAW, really lucky.

Had they been a truely great team, then they would've been able to play Barcelona's game and then won... All the great teams in history have played like that, I've never seen Brazil take Chelsea's approach, nor Milan, and it'll be a sad day when I do.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:51   #165

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Actually, in this game, despite the very bad decisions from the referee (Alex and Ballack should have received red cards, as well as Puyol), the worst was the game itself ... it's exactly what I thought, this game was pretty boring.

And I was sure about that since the first minutes: Barcelona played slowly, there were missed passes, Chelsea was obviously there not to concede a goal (and trying to counter attack sometimes), after 5 minutes, it was like if you had seen the entire game.

This home game from Barcelona looked like their games against Manchester last year: it was like if both teams didn't want to create too much rythm (and of course, by playing this game, Barcelona is less dangerous).

I think Chelsea will attack a bit more next week as a draw can eliminate them (if it's a draw with goals). So it could be a good game.

For the Manchester versus Arsenal game, I don't expect anything.

PS: Please, no Manchester - Chelsea final again !!
GeoTav, it´s not because I´m a fan of Alex, but he did one foul woth of a yellow(in Messi) and was deservedly booked. But I can´t remember the second worth of a yellow?? Tell me what other Alex foul was...

In Ballack case I agree, he did 3 fouls that are were worth of a yellow. But at the same time, Pujol(sp?) did 2, and only receive one yellow. As I said, the referee did wrong decisions in both ways...

I now want a Chelsea - Arsenal final. I didn´t want another English final, but one more time, the arrogance of Barça players(fans, press) makes me sick.

It was like when we(Milan) played them in the near past...everyone is THE EVIL and they are the saints of football. Only they know how to play, and the others are just anti-footballl. They like Spanish teams(and referees) that let them play free and give every penalty possible.

Every time they face a tough (not disloyal) team,the same lame excuses emerges
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.